Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

jonny1309 wrote:
scottvw wrote:

New covers look great! Better keep that blanket for driving in the cold..
WTF happened to that car in the background? Laughing

I should have gotten a better angle to cut out the Landcruiser carnage.
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Squilly wrote:
Looking good, Scott! Nice seats to sit on for a drive to Havasu?

I'd love to make it to the BBB but I'm going to the 24hrs of Daytona at the end of the month. I'm planning a trip to CA or a trip to the VW's at the Springs in Idaho. I need a road trip for 2023.
Squilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Looking good, Scott! Nice seats to sit on for a drive to Havasu?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jonny1309
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:

After
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

New covers look great! Better keep that blanket for driving in the cold..
WTF happened to that car in the background? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

After 11 years of enjoying this bus, I finally have proper seat upholstery for the front. As most of you know, Aero Papayrus is a 2 year only color. I have a complete interior, but the fronts were pretty much gone and the middle seat bottom was roached out. Given that it is not re-produced, I opted for Mexican blankets and new pads for the front. While I've seen one repro option, I didn't want to spend 1K per row.

I recently went to the Bulli Brigade in Tampa this past November to catch up with my Florida buddies. I wasn't sure if I was going to Bug Jam until I got a call from Pat Callihan. He informed me that our mutual friend, Mark Osteen, posted a pic on FB of a full interior he was selling. Mark was selling a full Aero Papyrus interior. Everything was original but the seat covers. They were TMI from way back but damn sure almost matched the AP color. I drove up to Bug Jam on Sunday and paid Mark. Luckily I ran into Chadd Macgee aka ratlookvw. He was nice enough to take the seats and interior pieces back to GA and ship them to me in Colorado. I was even able to sell some of the interior parts that I didn't want as what I had was in better condition. I did keep the blue mats as they were in good condition. I'm hoping to sell them.

The best part is that I bought the fronts with the upholstery on them. The swap was quick and it looks so much cleaner.

Before

After

scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

I thought I would update my thread a bit. I took my 3rd trip to CA with my bus in May of 2021 to the Spring Picnic again. I drove out solo, picked my wife up at the Ontario airport, had a fun weekend and drove back solo.

It was a trouble free awesome trip. Although, par for the course, I ran into snow on the first day, May 1st, leaving town. Just like the previous trip. Thanks to John Jones at KCW for putting me up on my last night on the road. Below are some pics of the trip. I stopped by Ft. Lewis College on the way. My daughter goes there now.

JonL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

killer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

busmania wrote:
Nice. The streets around here have been dead. Great bus time! I saw you a few weeks ago and tried to chase you down but got stopped by a light. Lol. I’m cruising a 71 Sierra yellow deluxe if you ever see it around. I live at Colorado and Arapahoe.

I live in Highlands 460, south of Dry Creek, west of Colorado.
busmania
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice. The streets around here have been dead. Great bus time! I saw you a few weeks ago and tried to chase you down but got stopped by a light. Lol. I’m cruising a 71 Sierra yellow deluxe if you ever see it around. I live at Colorado and Arapahoe.
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice pic, it looks great against the colors!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
jonny1309
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice pic!

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
Add a cop mustache, some cholo shades and a Doyers cap to the guy in the suit .......... Tocayo.

scottvw wrote:
kiss my ass Tom....I'm without centercaps right now.

OgCalLook wrote:
nothin' wrong with: Nose down - Ass up!! Twisted Evil

Ragman wrote:
Did you tell her that Al Reed painted them?

lonslo wrote:
My tailbone still hurts like hell. Crying or Very sad
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Took a drive downtown a couple of weeks ago to check out some of the local murals. Given the lack of traffic, I thought it would be a good time to get some cool shots.

scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Took a drive downtown a couple of weeks ago to check out some of the local murals. Given the lack of traffic, I thought it would be a good time to get some cool shots.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Good seeing you guys out here, glad the drive went well. Thanks for the pics too!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Great trip and great pics. Thanks for this post.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Killer pics, Scott! Looks like a great getaway.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

Nice pics!
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
BarryL wrote:
scottvw wrote:
The only issue I had was a bad tank of gas we picked up in Barstow. Luckily I figured it out on Saturday before we headed back.

Making me jealous with the photos. What were the symptoms of the bad tank and what did you do to fix it?

On Saturday, my wife and I wanted to drive to the beach. We started up the 241 which has a pretty good incline. All of a sudden the motor felt like it had fouled plug or a clogged jet (2276 w/dual 40's). I pulled over checked the jets and it seemed to run a little better but still stumbling and not running right. I was having a hard time getting the motor to idle steadily too.

I re-jetted the day before and tried adjusting the air/fuels but still could get it right. Since I was getting lower on fuel, I filled up with good Chevron gas before heading back to Featherly Park. After filling up the stumbling and poor running quickly went away. It's the only thing I can think of that was going on.

I'm pretty sure I saw this. I was behind you coming out of the park that day but you took off pretty quick (my 1600 sp is not winning any races) but about a 1/2 mile down the freeway I caught up to you (which I thought was odd) and took a pic. Didn't know you pulled over or would have stopped.

Glad you got it figured out.

scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
Nice meeting you at the spring picnic SMS.

Likewise.....fun weekend for sure.
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: 66 Deluxe Sea Blue - Colorado Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
scottvw wrote:
The only issue I had was a bad tank of gas we picked up in Barstow. Luckily I figured it out on Saturday before we headed back.

Making me jealous with the photos. What were the symptoms of the bad tank and what did you do to fix it?

On Saturday, my wife and I wanted to drive to the beach. We started up the 241 which has a pretty good incline. All of a sudden the motor felt like it had fouled plug or a clogged jet (2276 w/dual 40's). I pulled over checked the jets and it seemed to run a little better but still stumbling and not running right. I was having a hard time getting the motor to idle steadily too.

I re-jetted the day before and tried adjusting the air/fuels but still could get it right. Since I was getting lower on fuel, I filled up with good Chevron gas before heading back to Featherly Park. After filling up the stumbling and poor running quickly went away. It's the only thing I can think of that was going on.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: