Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
0to60in6min
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

What's the HP of a 1982 VW Vanagon Bus Diesel L... tell me again..

I am trying to improve the power of 2.1WBX. .... Very Happy
airkooledchris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2676207

Quote:
1982 VW Vanagon Bus Diesel L 100 % Original Price: $33,000

Quote:
Are you ready to embark on a journey back in time, filled with nostalgia and adventure? Look no further than this 1982 VW Vanagon Diesel L.

Purchasing this iconic piece of automotive history was a decision fueled by a desire for something truly unique and timeless. From the moment I laid eyes on it, I was captivated by its charm and character, knowing that it was more than just a vehicle – it was a symbol of freedom, exploration, and endless possibilities.

What sets this VW Vanagon apart from the rest is not just its vintage appeal, but also its reliability and durability. Built to withstand the test of time, its robust diesel engine ensures a steady and dependable performance, whether you're cruising along the coastline or navigating through rugged terrain.

One of my favorite things about this classic is its versatility. Whether you're a weekend warrior seeking the perfect surf spot or a nomad chasing the horizon, the VW Vanagon is ready to accommodate your every adventure. Its spacious interior offers ample room for both passengers and cargo, making it the ideal companion for road trips, camping excursions, or simply exploring the great outdoors.

But perhaps what truly sets this VW Vanagon apart is the sense of camaraderie and community that comes with owning such a beloved classic. Joining the ranks of fellow enthusiasts, you'll become part of a tight-knit family bonded by a shared passion for adventure and exploration.

So if you're ready to write your own chapter in the storied history of the VW Vanagon, don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of automotive nostalgia. Whether you're a seasoned collector or a first-time buyer, this classic beauty is sure to capture your heart and ignite your sense of wanderlust.

Come experience the magic of the open road in this 1982 VW Vanagon Diesel L – your ticket to a lifetime of unforgettable memories and endless adventures.
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$3800 CDN for a set of fiberglass bumpers...they do come with mounting brackets though Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/705704584666533/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALIKA T3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

4Gears4Tires wrote:
The "Syncro Body Crease" is so common it may be why the 16" Syncros have extra reinforcement.

Yes and it still happens on them Sad

I drive very carefully offroading, don't have a lot of shit but I do have a Tdi and a spare wheel carrier off the bumper (so, more leverage ), diesel are heavier (VW installed wedges under the rear springs on diesel Syncros)
I have a very mild crease on the right side, only me seems to notice. I dunno how it happened but it happened in Central America. Who knows, a bad pothole?
I definitely seems easy to obtain one Laughing
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=416343
Syncro http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4...num+gadget
4Gears4Tires
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

The "Syncro Body Crease" is so common it may be why the 16" Syncros have extra reinforcement.
1988M5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ouch! If the van got hit that hard to distort the body, it did its job but like a helmet, it’s a one time save. It’s considered totaled by any insurance company. To save the situation they could add another layer of shopping cart technology headlight protection to keep the DOT lamps unharmed.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

That van belongs to a buddy of mine, I was probably in the van when one of those happened as both sides are bent.

It comes from wheeling and not airing down tour tires and dropping off of a ledge. The over inflated tire hit hard and then the mass of the body has no cushion and bend O you go.

My buddy feels it has something to do with the big 6 cyl and extra crap on the back but my Syn/Wes with a 2.2 Sub has it on one side and I know when I did it and My tires had not been aired down.

That van is crazy and fun to drive, It is super capable but funny the winch has only been used to pull other people out.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
the_benjamin_effect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1990-...&pid=1

$75,000. I was going into this listing looking to bash it for the price, but it appears well done, although, I'm not justifying the price tag (it is cheaper that the one at WestyWorld that MsTaboo posted above https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2600001, and has many more "tasteful" mods IMHO).

Subaru EG33 six cylinder. F/R lockers. Converted to 16" using parts from actual 16". And many more nice mods, again IMHO. Again not justifying the price.

If anyone cares to share to another syncro owner, what causes the body panel just forward of the rear wheel arch to bend like in the photos in the listing. I've seen it on other syncros in the past. If you know, please share Thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

-2000 Subaru Impreza Sport EJ22 ¼ million miles "Trusty"

International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. I.A.M. 751
International Brotherhood of Naval Flight Engineers. I.B.N.F.E. LOCAL 8251
My other ride has 18,400 horsepower!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eskachig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

RoryGirl wrote:
I mean...it's on consignment @ Westy World - seems cheap compared to their offerings over the years

Maybe someone doesn’t actually want to sell it lol. “I put it up for sale honey”
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I mean...it's on consignment @ Westy World - seems cheap compared to their offerings over the years
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

MsTaboo wrote:
This is one I've been watching Laughing .
Someone wants every dime ever spent on the rig including labor!
$92,500 Shocked
!
But you get a free years' supply of Grey Poupon with it... Wink Wink Wink
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
elizer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Generally I champion vanagons and syncros selling for nice prices. It helps the rest of our valuations with insurance companies etc. This one... deserves to be in this thread. For 90k you could fix that pop top. It looks like complete trash.
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

This is one I've been watching Laughing .
Someone wants every dime ever spent on the rig including labor!
$92,500 Shocked
Read down the "list of upgrades"
Radius rod bushings $443.50?
Sway bar bushings $420.82?
I guess maybe they're poly bushings but this really falls under maintenance, not upgrades.
Front and rear big break (brake) kit $5425?
$25,000 for an EJ22?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2600001

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1991 Westfalia Syncro with Subaru Conversion Price: 92500
Contact Westy World for more details selling for a customer on consignment.
(Full detailed inspection report available for serious buyers)

1991 WESTFALIA SYNCRO TRIPLE KNOB

1991 VW Westfalia camper package. Last year of these amazing machines!
Take this machine to Syncro Fest and have the best machine there!!!
Subaru conversion, manual transmission with taller gears. Cruises 65-70
MPH no problem. Power steering, power windows, power locks, original paint. I purchased in
2020 from a man in Marin County that did a major electrical upgrade and installed the Ej22 motor. Cold rear AC!
I added a lot more upgrades to make this Syncro one of the best and unstoppable offroad overland machine.
4- wheel disc Big Brakes with BMW booster, rear AC, Propex heater, 12v fridge, inverter, CB radio and upgraded flip out stereo with rear amp. 3 panel upper canvas. Have the canvas insulation kit for winter camping, front windshield cover. Super comfortable Recaro chairs for driver and passenger.
Exterior has new front and rear Go Westy bumpers with swing away tire carrier and storage box.
Front mounted winch. Air up down system with under seat mounted compressor. Thule Storage
box up top, Road Shower on rear. Side ladder. Has solar panel wires ran to upper luggage rack but I used space for a Pelican box with ax, shovel and parts. I used aux solar panel that can be plugged into side of the van.
Aux battery up front in original spare tire area that runs the entire van. Starter battery under seat.
All my additions have been done by Westy World and the van has had a thorough inspection and all mechanical issues addressed.

List of upgrades
- Subaru EJ22 California compliant motor! Fire suppression system
- Westy World HD Front Bumper with Bull Bar, and Fog Lights $2614
- Westy World HD Rear bumper with backup lights, receiver and lockable storage $1972.72
- Passenger side swing away arm and Aluminness box $2172.21
- Drivers side swing arm for spare tire and tray $1555.95
- Side marker lights $152.58
- Tail lens housing $108.18
- Differential mounts $325
- Ball joints $230.98
- Radius rod bushings $443.50
- Tie rod ends $240.39
- Sway bar bushings $420.82
- Axle seals rear $242.70
- Rear hub $482.29
- Front and rear big break kit with booster upgrade $5425
- Slide door lower unit $1643.04
- Hatch struts $73.97
- Recaro driver and passenger seats $4000
- Road shower $500
- Side ladder, front box, shovel and ax $500
- Truck mirrors $500
- Fire suppression system $275
- High lift jack with mount $300
- Locking gas cap $40
- Van cover $350

Previous owner installed the EJ 22 motor (Average cost to install $25,000)
Previous owner had the interior removed and ran all new electrical
and installed a marine grade circuit breaker panel mounted behind
the driver’s seat
Breaker circuits
1. CB radio and CB pre amp
Rear audio amp
Overhead video player

2. Dash map light, nav system, radio memory & dash 12v outlets
3. Radio/ Clock, interior lights, multimeter , air compressor switch
4. Power windows
5. 12 volt outlet power lead (on kitchen cabinet for misc.)
6. Truck fridge, water pump
7. Burly skid plates
8. Ax and shovel

All my upgrades plus the previous owner are well over
$60,000 in parts and labor.

This machine is ready to go and I would have
no problem getting in it tomorrow with the family and
heading across the country!
Thanks for looking and call anytime with questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like it might be a nice Syncro, but come on Rolling Eyes If you're gonna price out labor for everything you might as well add up oil changes!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
$40,000

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2646639

A month later the seller's price is down to $28K. The tires look like they have a load rating safe for a Chevy Vega. Check back in a month or two.

87 VW Vanagon with remodeled Price: 28000 obo

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
randolph57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

latelogan wrote:
I have never seen the top without the luggage rack before. Are they still available?

randolph57 wrote:
Not a whinge or whine but top van IMO- now to check the sofa for any hidden loose change!

https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/volkswagen-...2-216-1788

As far as I know on Atlantic models the 'Fang' aerofoil was the standard option with Luggage rack being an extra/option. Mine has the luggage rack but most Atlantics I see have the 'Fang'.
latelogan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

I have never seen the top without the luggage rack before. Are they still available?

randolph57 wrote:
Not a whinge or whine but top van IMO- now to check the sofa for any hidden loose change!

randolph57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

Yondermtn wrote:
$40,000

Holy crap. I think fair market price would be just under 1/2 of asking price. Maybe 18k?. Am I wrong? It’s not like Montana is a hot bed for Vanagon sales either. I hope the seller is right and I’m out of touch with the market, but I don’t see a rush of buyers for this one.
Yondermtn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

$40,000

Escorial Syncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Vanagon vans and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d/longmont-vw-bus-needs-work/7669831403.html

NOT MINE! the best part is "not negotiable on price , don't even ask."

Yes of course.
1974 Honda CL360 Scrambler (for sale!)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 137

Jump to: