Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does your Partner feel about your VW?
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

She Liked the Bus Very Happy ,She Hated the Dragster Crying or Very sad and She tolerates my Turbo Bug Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

She doesn't like my Beetle quite as much as she likes her Beetle... but hers has a 1600 so it's basically a sports car in comparison!
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
"How does your Wife feel about your VW?" Which one?

For a moment there I thought we were going to see something like: "My wife in Texas likes my VW, the wife I have in Oklahoma hates it but Wilma over in Kansas could care less."

I just shared this with my wife. She really laughed hard. Very Happy
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
babysnakes wrote:

For a moment there I thought we were going to see something like: "My wife in Texas likes my VW, the wife I have in Oklahoma hates it but Wilma over in Kansas could care less."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
babysnakes wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:

Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My husband, although having had 3 bugs/beetles in the past, doesn't have the warm feelies for them (his family was in the car biz and rotated through cars pretty frequently). He was a little horrified to find out that I drove a bus, and it was my only mode of transport, when we first met.

For years he tried to get me to sell it (thankfully it's only in my name) - after 30 years together, he's finally tumbled to the fact that she's here to stay...

I come from a family that tends to hang on to their vehicles - we still have a '72 Volvo wagon (my parents), a '74 MGB GT (my sister), a '74 MGB (dad), a '74 Mercedes 190 (was grandfather's, now cousin's) and my '74 bus (seems we are weirdly early 1970's).

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

"How does your Wife feel about your VW?" Which one? I own a '72 deluxe transporter and a '69 SC. She owns a '71 Super vert and a '78 Westy. She bought me the Westy. She has never driven it but has rode in it a few times, I'm the one that drives it.

Hmmm.... how do I feel about her VWs?
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
MuzzcoVW wrote:
Wife??...Well if I call my husband my wife he won't be too happy Laughing And I'm very lucky as I never get any complaints about my collection, once he saw what they're worth LOL. The only complaint is when am I going to teach him how to drive one!

We don’t mind that actually. Being mistaken for the better half of the species is a compliment, indeed. Now, about that pay equity thing……
Well...we're actually the same half of the species, if you know what I mean...and the one I've heard some women don't consider the better half 🤣
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I changed it to Partner, that covers everything I believe.
I hope you didn't do that on my part! We're not the type to get offended...but the sentiment is appreciated. I'm really lucky to have someone who doesn't turn their nose up at every project i bring home. I guess actually finishing some of them pays dividends lol
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: How does your Partner feel about your VW? Reply with quote

I changed it to Partner, that covers everything I believe.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

MuzzcoVW wrote:
Wife??...Well if I call my husband my wife he won't be too happy Laughing And I'm very lucky as I never get any complaints about my collection, once he saw what they're worth LOL. The only complaint is when am I going to teach him how to drive one!

We don’t mind that actually. Being mistaken for the better half of the species is a compliment, indeed. Now, about that pay equity thing……
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

MuzzcoVW wrote:
Wife??...

Right?! Rolling Eyes

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

I bought my bug in February, and my wife was extremely pissed off. By July she didn't seem mad anymore, and by September she was asking me for a ride. This may be because around mid summer, I got rid of my other toy, a VW based sandrail that had been taking up space in our small garage.

I even got involved with the local VW club. Since then, she's been blocking off days on her calendar for the VW club's events. She not only calls it "cute" now, but I think she may be open to the idea of having the car professionally painted. We shall see.
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

My wife grins like a school girl every time we take our Street Buggy out. She won't let me sell it even though her bad knees make getting in and out difficult.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
When a rusty VW car stays inside the garage and a brand new SUV is out in the rain or show, that should not need any explaining.

Exactly! Cars that have windows and paint are weather proof already. Garages are for working on projects in not for storing perfectly weather proof cars!
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

If my wife says anything about my VW inhibitions, I will divorce her. Laughing

When a rusty VW car stays inside the garage and a brand new SUV is out in the rain or show, that should not need any explaining.

She got her hobbies, I got mine - is all should there be.
AlmostHeavenWV_VW Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

She often asks me to take her on Beetle rides and usually pokes he head in the garage asking what I'm doing to it (and if what I'm fixing will prohibit a drive later)

She also argued to keep it when I thought about selling it.

She might like the Beetle more than me
Bosch DVDA 205AJ Distributor
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: How does your wife feel about your VW? Reply with quote

she was happy before, during and after it. it's just a car. but her new twin turbo truck...now that puts a smile of her face like no other. but my car only has 1 hair dryer. Sad and thats ok. Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: