Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hi from Australia
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lulu94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Hi from Australia Reply with quote

Hey there everyone, thought i would introduce myself and my car.
Im Danielle and i have a 1970 1500 beetle project.
bought the car about a year ago, came with heaps of parts, was supposed to be a slap it all together and drive it job but as you all probably know it didnt work out like that.
only one seat that came with the car fit, lucky it was the drivers one so we could drive it home, but the back seats didnt fit and the base on the passenger seat was bent so it wouldnt slide in, so i have bought all new seats (well second hand from the wreckers and in need of some repair but they fit.

soon after we got it all the rust started to come out of what we thought was a decent paint job, so it is getting stripped back and repainted in a few weeks time, changing from white to radiant ebony.

we had to pull apart the brakes and clean them out really well, had 2 years of sitting in a yard gunk in the brake lines, and the back ones were adjusted and the hand brake reconnected, all the brakes were painted red after this, but this was when the car was staying white, so unsure whether to change the colour or not, but im leaning towards doing so.

we have no idea what engine we have in the car, some people have said it is a 1600 and some have said its a 1200, all i know is it looks like crap, runs ok and apparently isnt standard, this will be getting detailed at some stage.

will be getting the rims polished up to, alot of people have asked if i want to get new wheels but i like the ones i have.

have had to buy a new bonnet due to the skin rusting off the frame on the old one, and have bought another set of guards and will be picking the best ones to use.

anyway enough dribbling on from me, here is my car
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Good project! Reply with quote

Good project, kep working!

The pics of your car make me remember my first bug, whit the same wheels of yours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: