Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My bus wont start!!@!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
type2sr4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I will try the primary lead. Since nobody has hacked this bus I belive the harness to be in original condition. All of the colors seem correct. I did'nt see any splicing so I think I will check the primary lead and replace the connector.
Hella Bro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew see if you get juice at the end of the primary lead with your test light
first. If you get juice at the end of the primary lead but not at the fuses, then it could be a bad connection from oxidation or a crappy fuse box. But you have to check first that you are indeed getting juice at the end of the primary lead.
type2sr4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will try that. I dont think I remeber seeing anything I did try earlier to use my test light and if I remeber correctly nothing happend, but I will try tonight since earlier today, I wasn't sure which one was the primary but now I do. I have learned a ton today thanks to everyone for all the help so far!!! I know I will get Benny back on the road!!!!!!!!
Hella Bro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primary should be the big red one coming up close to the floor vent. And is the wire that connects farthest to the right on your fuse box. Make sure you got a good ground on your light okay buddy. Good Luck! Al
type2sr4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Al, I will call you if thats ok if I can't figure this thing out.

drew
type2sr4me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I got home last night and removed the kick panel. It looked like the prmary lead was not sitting right so i pushed it in and now my test light comes on. So I have power to the primary lead. Also funny enough is the factory og saphire III radio comes on although the speaker is blown you can still hear faint voices coming from it and static from the speaker. But nothing happens when I try to crank it over, and still no light. But all the wire under the dash looks exactly like it should in the diagram. None of the other fuses or contacts turn on the test light.

drew
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: