Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Velocity stack height
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject: Velocity stack height Reply with quote

Am I going to be able to feel a noticeable difference in performance going from 1 7/8" stacks to 3" stacks? They'll be inside a 6" tall filter mounted on a 40 IDF with 36 vents. It's a single center mount on a 2276 motor with 10.2cr. I can't go dual carb, as there is no clearance for the intake manifolds until the upper frame rails are modified, this is a FV-based auto-x car, weighs 945# without me in it.
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Velocity stack height Reply with quote

Not sure if this talks about length/height but it might be of interest.

https://www.classiczcars.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-7641-14150826964708.jpg
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Velocity stack height Reply with quote

I run dual 45’s on my 2276.
I did the complete opposite.
I went to shorter stacks and filters so I could put my decklid springs back on.
I asked CB Performance about the change and they said I may lose a couple horsepower.
No idea if that is true or not but I definitely cannot “feel” a difference.
Never had the car on a dyno so no factual data either.
Will you gain a pony or two? Can’t say.
Will you “feel” it?
More than likely not.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Velocity stack height Reply with quote

I don't know if you'll get any more or any less HP but a taller stack is always a good idea when running a singe.
It'll keep the fuel standoff or reversion in check.
Single IDF setups are notorious for that.

IMHO Smile
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Velocity stack height Reply with quote

In a sgl idf set up the longer stacks usually helps with midrange fuel delivery and thereby torque.
In a dual carb set up most engine combo´s like longer, and a few like short. Usually there are about 3 lengths which work fair to good. If you hit a length which is right in between what the engine wants the thengine can be virually untunable in the midrange. This has a lot to do with the actual combo, and especially the exhaust layout.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: