Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What seats fit a buggy?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm    Post subject: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I finally got my buggy home and I'm ready to send the seats that are in it out to be upholstered. But, before I do that, maybe there are some better seats out in a junkyard that would fit and make things comfier???????

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I used PRP Roadster seats (suspension) but then they are not out of a junkyard.... Looks for something with a max width of 19 inches if doing junkyard crawl...

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
rugblaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I lucked into the ones I used. A body shop had these front seats out of a Suzuki SUV, if I understood the guy correctly. I had to modify them a bit, but no step for a stepper I think I paid the guy $30.......Very comfy, breathable fabric and cheap.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWoA factory trained line tech 75 till 90 or so
ASE Master Certification
VWoA Assoc. of Quality Technicians inductee (One of 25 in the five state southwest region)
La Confrerie des Chevaliers du Tastevin (San Angelo Chapter)
TCU ......GO FROGS!!!!!!
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:
I used PRP Roadster seats (suspension) but then they are not out of a junkyard.... Looks for something with a max width of 19 inches if doing junkyard crawl...

That's very helpful info. Thanks. I heard that there was a Mazda Miata seat at a tow company not far from me. Going to check that out.
Luftwagen 2180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I'm running Miata seats in mine. I've used different seats over the years, I've had the car for52 years now, and I like the Miata seats best. I prefer cloth over leather for those hot summer days! I installed a set of Miata seats in the buggy and pointed them out to a guy at a car show, and he asked me if they were the ones with the speakers in the headrest. Rolling Eyes B model seats? Three weeks later I had a set with the speakers in them. Sound OK but on the highway with the roof off you can't hear much anyway. I drove the Buggy to Phoenix and back on route 66 when I was 66 and had no back issues, I was surprised! Over 4,000 miles.
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

Luftwagen 2180 wrote:
I'm running Miata seats in mine. I've used different seats over the years, I've had the car for52 years now, and I like the Miata seats best. I prefer cloth over leather for those hot summer days! I installed a set of Miata seats in the buggy and pointed them out to a guy at a car show, and he asked me if they were the ones with the speakers in the headrest. Rolling Eyes B model seats? Three weeks later I had a set with the speakers in them. Sound OK but on the highway with the roof off you can't hear much anyway. I drove the Buggy to Phoenix and back on route 66 when I was 66 and had no back issues, I was surprised! Over 4,000 miles.
z

Well, then I'm hoping what I find on Thursday will be decent enough to work with. Thanks!
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

Dale M. wrote:

I used PRP also. Not cheap, but they will make them to your spec/design

Our buggy will be blue & black/grey when it's done. Very Happy

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

Bikerndiver wrote:
Luftwagen 2180 wrote:
z

Well, then I'm hoping what I find on Thursday will be decent enough to work with. Thanks!

Well, I went and saw the Miata seat today and it was a wreck and he still wanted $175 for it. So, tomorrow I go to my local upholsterer and see what he can do for me with my existing seats.
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

So, I got lucky today..... Well, I got a good deal today. I picked up two Mazda Miata, black leather seats with adjustable lumbar support from a girl who pulled them out of her car to replace them with cloth seats. One of the seats has a small rip....
I'm going to install them in Sandy right away!

It's so good to have the buggy 100' from me rather than 350 miles away! I get to work on her whenever I feel like it now! Well, as long as the grass is mowed, the tomato garden is weeded, the trash is out and the honey-do list is shrinking...LOL
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

So, both seats are now installed temporarily. Temporary because they are due at the upholsterer in 3 weeks for a makeover.

But, at least they are in! But, since it's a rain day here, I can't go for a ride and see how they feel. I'm busy tomorrow, so maybe on Tuesday it will be nice enough after work to go for a little ride and see how they feel.

Nice having Sandy at home, not nice having to wait for Mother Nature to give me permission to ride. Sigh
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

Same thing is happening here. We are getting rain! I will not begrudge mother nature this interlude though as we have had just over 1" of rain in the last 2 days. This is the single largest rainfall since July of last year!

Let 'er rain! I will be happy to wait!
brianbernal71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I picked these seats up from the local pick and pull for $30. From an early 2000s chevy cavalier. Bolted right to the floor. Snug fit, but very comfortable.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I hesitate to put cloth seats in an open Buggy. Very much more comfortable but not so nice to sit on after a rain!
Hot Air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I used seats out of a Polaris Slingshot . Water proof and comfortable

jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

I always thought something like these were cool

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/EMPI-62-2881-0-Low-...matchtype={match_type}&msclkid=4ca56767ee8a13badf910126e316169a&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SMI%20-%20Shopping%20(CSE)%20(Bing)&utm_term=4577404348790385&utm_content=All%20Products%20(Feb28_2020)

Or Porsche 914 seats

Or Fiero seats with the speakers in the headrest.
Bikerndiver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: What seats fit a buggy? Reply with quote

Hot Air wrote:
I used seats out of a Polaris Slingshot . Water proof and comfortable

I have a 2019 Slingshot SLR and I thought about pulling those seats out and seeing if they would fit. But, ended up finding Mazda Miata seats....

Those Slingshot seats a very comfortable. I drove my SS from the East coast to Los Vegas and back and wasn't uncomfortable at any time. Good choice for your buggy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: