Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parking brake light on 74 super
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject: Parking brake light on 74 super Reply with quote

My brake dash light stays on all the time. The wire from the handle switch isn’t connected to anything. The po removed the seatbelt relay. There are no wires under the seat nor seat belt wires. How can I wire the switch to make the light go out? Reading through the posts I see this must be a common problem. The 74 was the only year with that annoying seat belt relay that would keep the car from starting so people ripped them out. I just got this car and am restoring it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
3/25/24: Upon further research I think I’m seeing the brake dash light is on the same circuit with the master cylinder switches and the oil light, and any of the three can make the dash light turn on. I will next check the two m/c switches, but I know the brakes work and so do the rear brake lights. Does anybody out there know where the hand brake wire is supposed to attach to this circuit?
Do ANY of you 74 Super owners know where that parking brake wire attaches to the warning light circuit? I’m at a complete loss.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: