Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring - Oil pressure light
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
burro_gordo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject: Wiring - Oil pressure light Reply with quote

First time poster here-
What is the best way to fish a wire from under the rear seat into the engine compartment? At some point in this bug's life, the wire from the Oil Pressure Light was lost.
Here's what I know:
Somewhere between the engine compartment and under the rear seat, all* of the wires have been cut and replaced with white wires. *all except the Oil Pressure Light wire.
There are 7 wires in the rear, only 6 out of the firewall.
Best I can tell, the blue Oil wire makes it to the rear.

03/19/2024 Update:
I was able to fish a new wire through the body using some #12AWG Solid wire as a 'fish tape'. I went in from the engine compartment and down to the access hole inside.
Thanks for your comments!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by burro_gordo on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
busman78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring - Oil pressure light Reply with quote

Use one of the white wires to pull a string back into the vehicle, best way is to solder or crimp a wire to the pull wire, don't want is breaking off half way through. Attach the wire or wires you want to go back to the engine compartment and use the string/wire to pull them through. Be a good time to do a little wire color coding.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slayer61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring - Oil pressure light Reply with quote

busman78 wrote:
Use one of the white wires to pull a string back into the vehicle, best way is to solder or crimp a wire to the pull wire, don't want is breaking off half way through. Attach the wire or wires you want to go back to the engine compartment and use the string/wire to pull them through. Be a good time to do a little wire color coding.

And, use a little dish soap. Wink

... Most folks are idiots when it deals with electrical !!!

67rustavenger wrote:

3/4 race cam? What's missing, one of the lobes? Shocked

Paul

'68 Manx clone... Sears??
2276 built on AS21 case
W-125 w/ GB 1.25:1 rockers
Mahle forged pistons
CB 4340 crank
CB H beam rods
deep sump
44 HPMX
EMPI GTV 2 STG II wedge ports
CB Magna spark
1 5/8 merged collector w/ hater stinger
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
burro_gordo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring - Oil pressure light Reply with quote

Update:
I was able to fish a new wire through the body using some #12AWG Solid wire as a 'fish tape'. I went in from the engine compartment and down to the access hole inside.
Thanks for your comments!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: