Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does the outside tent strap attach (Eurovan Weekender)?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:22 pm    Post subject: How does the outside tent strap attach (Eurovan Weekender)? Reply with quote

I'm the proud owner of a Weekender now (in addition to my EVC). One thing I can't figure out is exactly how the strap that connects the front of the tent to the roof. This strap is designed to prevent the locking plungers inside from puncturing the tent, by ensuring that it gathers properly as it's lowed). It has a metal clip that looks like it's just supposed to slide into something on the under side of the roof (near the front edge). When I got the van the strap was loose, not attached. When I tried to attach it I was working blind, so to speak. There was nothing to slid it into other than the front "edge" of the top (underside of the top). There is a rubber seal at the same point (that goes all the way around the top's edge.

The seller had the fiberglass roof/top painted and had the rubber sea replaced, and I'm worried that there might be a piece missing that the strap is intended to clip or slide into. Felt like when I was trying to slide it into the edge all I was doing was just pushing the rubber seal away from the edge.

Thanks for any tips or assistance. Here's the only photo I have, just as a reference to the strap I'm talking about.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
bigfoot_ev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: How does the outside tent strap attach (Eurovan Weekender)? Reply with quote

I happened to be working on finishing the paint blending from my windshield rust repair so I had the pop top open. I snapped a picture of the front clip. I also tried to wiggle the metal clip and it is on solid. When I replaced my pop top tent I also replaced the seal and I don't remember anything special about this spot, ie issues fitting the seal over a metal lip or something. I tugged a little on the seal thinking I could see underneath but it's on tight.

Do you have the metal clip? Is it maybe riveted on? Either way I think you will need to pull the seal off to see what is underneath. On my top the ends of the seal meet at the rear.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
HeyCrutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: How does the outside tent strap attach (Eurovan Weekender)? Reply with quote

Hey Bigfoot - you just helped me out big time.

I had my clip turned over the wrong way and was trying to jam it into the molding - when it needed to be turned around and bent back around the actual lip of the roof itself.

Thank you so much!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: