Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ruby's Refresh Again?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:43 am    Post subject: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. Well I'm hoping this is the last time for a long while anyway that I have to refresh Ruby. Through many inferior refinishes it is finally beautiful again. Thank you Miguel! The chassis is also done right and square. Thank you Brian Washburn! I'm excited to be attending the upcoming Manx Club event at Pismo Beach. There are still some small details like the front and rear emblems to add and new black and yellow license plates that are coming soon. Also an exhaust touch up. Miguel used Fire Red Flake that really pops in the sun.
I don't have many pics yet but if anyone would like to see more I can take some when I get back home.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Glassy Guy on Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
516swg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

She's pretty
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Nice! Thumbs Up

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Beautiful! I love the simple old style Buggy look! Yes please post more pictures.
ppilotmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Very nice Manx!! the key with these old buggy is in the details and you have hit a home run. Good luck at Pismo! oh and ya as always more pics. Are those early Mustang bucket seats, they look great?
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Thank you for the compliments everyone. I just took what Bruce Meyers gave us and felt simple is best. Yes the are 65 Mustang seats. They were inspired by my good friend and what a difference they make over fiberglass buckets. Lol. I'm traveling at the moment but I will definitely post more pics when I can.
Stinky123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Ruby....the name fits
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

It sure does. Smile
Stinky123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

I bet that car is a "Panty-Dropper."
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Haha! The ladies do seem to like it. It does attract a lot of attention. When I'm at the beach after a surf session there's always someone around it. I do enjoy letting folks hop in and take a some pics. I feel that these little cars bring so much fun, freedom and joy to me that I have to share it. Imagine coming to California for a visit and getting to hop in such a fun car? I would be so stoked.

This guy seemed to dig it. Lol. What a great honor to have Bruce in my car.
ppilotmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Cool pics. Bruce was quit a guy! Cool
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Thank you. Yes he sure was.
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Greetings Everyone. Here are more pics of Ruby. The Manx Club event in Pismo was a blast. I didn't get a chance for a shakedown run so the drive up from my home was about 2.5 hours. She ran great and zero issues. I also took 3rd place in the Short Wheelbase Street category at the show. There were some beautiful buggies to compete against so I'm pretty stoked. I also checked off one of my bucket list items. It was to drive Ruby on Oceania Dunes. I hope to return again someday this summer. Enjoy the pics and if anyone wants a specific pic of any area feel free to ask.

67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Nice pics of Pismo Beach, and your car too. Cool

You should have seen that beach on 1970. Campers and buggies of all sorts for as far as you could see in either direction.

The advent of "Three wheelers" wore down the steep dunes of the early 70's, that were almost impossible to summit back in the day. Now they are just rolling easy driving dunes. Such a shame for what was a great beach experience.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Awesome Buggy! Great photos!
ppilotmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures!!! When I lived in California that was a favorite flyin breakfast spot. Congrats on the third place! Razz
Glassy Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Ruby's Refresh Again? Reply with quote

Thank you Everyone for the compliments. It is a shame when we lose an experience that is not the same as it was. I have no knowledge of the dunes back then but I could only imagine. As it it is there is a battle allowing our fun little cars on Oceano Dunes. If anyone is interested the Friends of Oceano Dunes is fighting to protect the hobby. Thanks again everyone.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: