Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Strange Chassis number
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lateral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:29 am    Post subject: Strange Chassis number Reply with quote

Hi guys

My chassis number is:

It definite starts with 429 but I can’t see any references to any Type 4 chassis numbers starting with 429.

I also have the VW Birth Certificate and it’s on there and says that it was built on 21st March 1969.

Can anybody explain this for me?

Cheers
Greg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Chassis number Reply with quote

lateral wrote:
Hi guys

My chassis number is:

It definite starts with 429 but I can’t see any references to any Type 4 chassis numbers starting with 429.

I also have the VW Birth Certificate and it’s on there and says that it was built on 21st March 1969.

Can anybody explain this for me?

Cheers
Greg

Type 41 is two door 411 or 412. Type 42 is four door 411 or 412. Type 46 is variant/wagon.

Those are your first two digits. The third should be the year. So you have a 1969 four door?

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lateral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange Chassis number Reply with quote

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the explanation.

And yes, the car is a 4 door 1969..

Cheers
Greg

PS: I'll be updating another post of mine that you have responded to regarding from wheel wobble soon....
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Chassis number Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have just posted these because it helps:

Here is the table of type 4 models:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is the list of equipment/part number prefixes based on engien equipment class:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

That one is interesting because it answers a few questions about part number prefixes in the parts book that appear to lead you to other VW CARS as the source of the part.

Ray
lateral
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Strange Chassis number Reply with quote

Thanks Ray.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: