Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SCAT VW - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: SCAT VW
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: November 21, 2020
canadianeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: SCAT VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

I placed an order for a seat cover, 2 door panels and some fabric with Scat VW on March 25th, 2021. I waited until July 18 2021 to contact them and ask where my order was. I was told that the fabric was back ordered but that he was willing to ship my other 2 items that day. Today is August 18, one month later and I have still not gotten anything indicating I have stuff in the mail. I just placed a 2nd phone call and inquired about my order again. I was assured that the items in stock would ship today.

I find their customer service very lackadaisical. No history of my prior phone call was kept and they broke their promise to ship my items that were in stock at the time.

Overall, this is a neutral experience. If you have half a year to wait and the motivation to call them to horseshoe things along, I recommend their services. If a trusted retailer has their goods in stock, go with them, because ordering direct isn't fast.
canadianeh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Aug 25 2021 update.

I never got a call back despite the promises. I called again today and was told that NONE of the items in my order are available anymore. It would seem they have very poor inventory control. Their computer shows 4 of everything on the shelves, but nothing there in reality. No re-order was placed because `the system`thinks they have stock. Better have 8-12 months to get stuff from Scat. This is the worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure to experience.

I no longer recommend their services under any circumstance. Overall, this was a NEGATIVE experience. I have cancelled my order but have not yet received a refund. Let's see how long that will take! Terrible.
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Well, here I am waiting for parts from SCAT.

Ignition ordered in Dec 2022, and 4th Gear ordered in Feb 2023. I get the very same promise from cust service that they'll check with manager about the parts from suppliers and "call me back". This is at least the 4th time that tell me they will "call me back"....

The race season has started, my racecar has not. Can't mount the motor w/o a tranny and can't start the motor w/o ignition. The biggest disappointment is how poor the customer service is. Seems they still don't know how to dial a phone.

I would suggest you call first to see if part is in stock, cause their website won't tell you if it is not in stock. Nor will it tell you at time of an online order.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Over the winter i built an engine fore a customer. The case was bad and told the customer to buy a new AS41 from CB... he ordered one from Scat. A month later no case, he emailed them, no response. He called CB and they had a case ready to ship, but he wanted to cancel the Scat case first. Two weeks later he gave up on Scat and ordered the case from CB and it arrived a week later.

It's been months since and I know he never got a case from Scat, not sure if they refunded him his money.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

עַם יִשְׂרָאֵל חַי
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
deci belle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAT VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a tow bar with a 2" receiver for a 1970 bug from Scat recently. I got an email from Scat saying they only had one in stock, but that it had an 1-7/8" receiver. The man wanted to know if he could ship that instead.

I declined and asked to cancel the order. The next email stipulated that I would be refunded minus the Paypal fee.

I've never heard of being charged like that. The item wasn't even in stock.
troym99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: SCAT VW - [email protected] Reply with quote

Scat Stainless Valve Covers do not accommodate high lift like advertised. They are shallower than the stock covers that I had. I only wanted to replace because the stock covers are warped and will not seal. ScatVW refuses to answer my requests to let me return them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: