Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
JAL78 wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Ghiagirl's Beautiful black 69 coupe which sold on BAT in Dec 2022 for $41,000
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-14/
has been listed on EBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126318414454?hash=item1d6...R-qwjeSvYw

Its really refreshing to see a correctly restored Ghia in one of the best colors. The results on BAT were pretty high for a coupe. I would have relisted it on BAT to get the best price. Hopefully it will do well on this resale.

Hmmm...Question: Why are they using Lisa's original pictures from her BAT listing. It could be called lazy but I'd call it the habits of a scammer.
His EBay feedback is (2).

Seller's profile says member since 2019 and states the seller is a dealer and that car is in El Paso Texas. BAT listing doesn't say where the buyer from 2022 is from? It is odd that there's not a single photo that is from the new owner? The mileage is listed as 38,000 which is unchanged from the BAT listing so yes, this seems very odd!

Previously Owned:
2011 VW EOS Hard Top Conv
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:

Seller's profile says member since 2019 and states the seller is a dealer and that car is in El Paso Texas. BAT listing doesn't say where the buyer from 2022 is from? It is odd that there's not a single photo that is from the new owner? The mileage is listed as 38,000 which is unchanged from the BAT listing so yes, this seems very odd!

Scammers will have lots of these "username" IDs and leave them dormant for years and occasionally add their own feedback using another of their IDs.
Get one of our El Paso members like John (calexican) to ask if they can view the car.

Personally I wouldn't bid a penny on a listing like that.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

Scammers will have lots of these "username" IDs and leave them dormant for years and occasionally add their own feedback using another of their IDs.
Get one of our El Paso members like John (calexican) to ask if they can view the car.

I sent the Ebay seller a request for actual mileage now and what service has been done to the car since Dec 2022 when it sold on BAT. That should either get a legit reply, no reply, or some bogus answers?? Should be interesting.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

68 Ghia Vert Survivor with 22,350 miles: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768107&highlight=
71 Ghia Vert Restoration: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726710&postorder=asc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Ironically another black Ghia coupe just came up on BAT as this conversation ensued.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

I sent the Ebay seller a request for actual mileage now and what service has been done to the car since Dec 2022 when it sold on BAT. That should either get a legit reply, no reply, or some bogus answers?? Should be interesting.

No reply. Auction has been ended.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

Laughing The other clue was he's listed as a "dealer" but that was the only listing from the time he joined in 2019. Not much of a dealer. Might be interesting to follow his username to see if he uses it again. I doubt it as he obviously knows he's been identified as a scammer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:
John Moxon wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

Laughing The other clue was he's listed as a "dealer" but that was the only listing from the time he joined in 2019. Not much of a dealer. Might be interesting to follow his username to see if he uses it again. I doubt it as he obviously knows he's been identified as a scammer.

Oddly, the listing says "Auction ended due to no longer available" ??? Maybe the seller will be updated as a closed account at some point??

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:

Oddly, the listing says "Auction ended due to no longer available" ??? Maybe the seller will be updated as a closed account at some point??

Not sure if EBay would ever admit to letting a fraudulent listing get that far so they use another generic term to explain the withdrawal.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

Not sure if EBay would ever admit to letting a fraudulent listing get that far so they use another generic term to explain the withdrawal.

I've seen that message when the seller kills the auction, usually because they got an offer outside eBay to sell but now the link is totally dead:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/126318414454

This is what I have seen when other scam ads were totally pulled
It's also what comes up when the ad rolls off eBay due to age.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

New listing on BAT. No Reserve
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-volkswagen-karmann-ghia-convertible-28/

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:

Thanks for posting the link Marc. No one is driving this one so it needs to go to someone who will.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

This should do really well but no reserve would make me nervous. It's absolutely beautiful. It must really turn heads when you take it out.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Marcdeb wrote:
This should do really well but no reserve would make me nervous. It's absolutely beautiful. It must really turn heads when you take it out.

They would only give me a $20k reserve so I figured I have nothing to lose, unless of course it sells for only $19k!
People like it for sure, the color jumps out. Car drives so nice too. The next owner will love it, it’s a nice dialed in car.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Marcdeb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

They would only give me a $20k reserve so I figured I have nothing to lose, unless of course it sells for only $19k!
People like it for sure, the color jumps out. Car drives so nice too. The next owner will love it, it’s a nice dialed in car.

I'm sure it will far exceed $20k. It easily worth more than double that.

Previously Owned:
2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T Conv
2003 Saab 9-3 SE Conv
2001 Saab 9-3 Conv
1998 BMW 3 Series Conv
1997 Saab 900 Conv
1997 Mazda Miata

Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Car drives so nice too. The next owner will love it, it’s a nice dialed in car.

I mentioned it in the auction, but in that freeway on ramp video I'd swear you had a larger displacement engine with how quick it looks. Makes me look forward to driving the same 1600dp and 4.12 trans combo I have in my car. I've only driven a 1600 with the 3.88.

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Era Vulgaris wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

I mentioned it in the auction, but in that freeway on ramp video I'd swear you had a larger displacement engine with how quick it looks. Makes me look forward to driving the same 1600dp and 4.12 trans combo I have in my car. I've only driven a 1600 with the 3.88.

Thanks for pointing that out.
A 1600 DP is a torquey beast with a 4:12.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
kent70ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Help me out, in picture 95 there is a white pipe or hose. I have an original 70 coupe and I don't have anything like it. What's it for?

Braukuche wrote:
Era Vulgaris wrote:
Braukuche wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out.
A 1600 DP is a torquey beast with a 4:12.
Era Vulgaris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

kent70ghia wrote:
Help me out, in picture 95 there is a white pipe or hose. I have an original 70 coupe and I don't have anything like it. What's it for?

Crotch coolers! Cool

Previously owned:
98 Porsche Boxster, silver, 2.5L -- 67 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1500sp -- 98 BMW Z3, Atlanta Blue Metallic, 2.8L I6 -- 75 Porsche 914, Laguna Blue, 2270cc -- 72 Porsche 914, Signal Orange, 1.7 FI -- 74 Karmann Ghia, Black, 1600dp -- 74 Triumph TR6 with O.D., sapphire blue
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c23roo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

Thanks for posting the link Marc. No one is driving this one so it needs to go to someone who will.

omg she's back!
*insert dicaprio wolf of wall street biting fist gif*

so pretty - and the build thread is amazing.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Karmanns & Bring-a-Trailer Auctions Reply with quote

c23roo wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Marcdeb wrote:

omg she's back!
*insert dicaprio wolf of wall street biting fist gif*

so pretty - and the build thread is amazing.

Thanks. Though at least one idiot thinks it’s a “corner cutting” restoration.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
Jump to:
Page 110 of 112

Jump to: