Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

205/16R16 with a higher load rating
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
billpatterson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: 205/16R16 with a higher load rating Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have become a lil frustrated looking for brand name tires with a 96 or higher load rating. I have found several lesser known tires (Nexen, Maxxis, Sailun). No offense to these manufacturers; I just don't have experience with them.

I am wondering what brand of tires and load rating you are using if you are running 205/60R16 (a popular wheel size for later model Vanagons/Westfalias) and what your experience has been with them?

Appreciated
Bill

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 205/16R16 with a higher load rating Reply with quote

Any of the major brands will have an LT tire with a load range E rating. I found Contis in 60 series and Contis, Kuhmos and GYs in 205/65s on one site.

I've put Nexun and Sailun tires on vehicles. I can't speak to their longevity as I'm not in that bussiness any more and I just started to see them in the last couple years I was in the trade, but the construction seemed very good , and initial installation and balance was better than some of the other new brands. They spun truer on the balancer and didn't need a bunch of weight to balance the wheel, which is not something that can be said for some brands, even established ones.
W1K1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 205/16R16 with a higher load rating Reply with quote

I bought Nokians from Kal tire last summer, I only have a few miles on them since getting my OOP last November, but I like the ride on my 71 westy

Nokian WRC3 205/65 R 16 C 107/105T all weather rated commercial on 16x6.5 et37 merc wheels

max load 975 kg, up to 190 km/h

1973 super
1965 squareback 1500E
1971 bay window westy- subi swap
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 205/16R16 with a higher load rating Reply with quote

W1K1 wrote:
I bought Nokians from Kal tire last summer, I only have a few miles on them since getting my OOP last November, but I like the ride on my 71 westy

Nokian WRC3 205/65 R 16 C 107/105T all weather rated commercial on 16x6.5 et37 merc wheels

Make sure your alignment is spot on. I've seen more than a couple of cars with nokians that have destroyed a set of tires in very few miles because the alignment was off by very little. They are very soft tires and do not wear well.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: