Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

oil pressure sensor leak
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stonelamb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: oil pressure sensor leak Reply with quote

I have a leak coming from the oil pressure sensor. Is it necessary to remove the distributor to get to it? It's 113 degrees out and I would like to know of any shortcut I could use before I start. Thanks

"eat a peach for peace"
---Duane Allman
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure sensor leak Reply with quote

The distributor can stay in place. You just need the appropriate sized socket to fit the sensor. It is only a 10mm fitting so don't tighten the crap out of it, you can shear of the end of the sender or crack the block. Neither is fun to deal with.

Do you have a new rubber boot for it?
stonelamb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure sensor leak Reply with quote

No, I don't have a new rubber boot, but I'll be sure to ask for one before I start. Thanks for your help.

"eat a peach for peace"
---Duane Allman
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure sensor leak Reply with quote

http://www.busdepot.com/021119957
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure sensor leak Reply with quote

actually it was 111 F here yesterday and 107 F today - not that it matters at that temp. Sad I've had to run A/C in the garage to go out there these last few days and it is insulated.

I think I have two of those boots if you can't find one locally. With shipping I probably have $15 - $18 in each as they were New Old Stock and not repop as I recall. I could part with one if I can find it. Let me know and I'll get them down and see if there are any markings on them where I got them from. Repops are like $7 and shipping from bus depot.

Can you say why you think that sender is where your leak is? A leak in that area can be the sender, a crack in the case from being over-tightened or the o-ring on the distributor leaking. Bugformance or Kombi Haus will have the o-ring for the distributor, I don't know about the boot although yours may still be good.

Am in Citrus Heights off Old Auburn. I work downtown but won't be back down there until Monday.
stonelamb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: oil pressure sensor leak Reply with quote

A shop in town clued me in to it. I had the same issue years ago, so I'm assuming that it's the same thing. Everything was closed when I was ready to call around for the part, so I'll try next week. If I can't find it, I'll give you a holler. Thanks for the perspective and input. Whatever the temp was, it's hotter than bejeezuz. Air conditioned garage--nice.

"eat a peach for peace"
---Duane Allman
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: