Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

73 Thing Horn Issues
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZacharyRitter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: 73 Thing Horn Issues Reply with quote

The horn when the ignition is on and the head lights on "sometimes" will dim/bright the head lights when the horn is pressed and the horn does not sound unless traveling down the road. It does not dim/brighten the lights without the horn being pressed. When I have the headlights off it sounds like there is a "buzzer" behind the head light pull switch that buzzes and or clicks when the wheel is being turned. I further investigated tonight and the "buzzer" is actually the headlight dimmer (module- where the bright and dim head lights are connected with the turn signal arm located behind the headlight pull switch above the fuses). Regardless of the headlight being on or off you can hear the horn trying to work when the horn is pressed (a click from the horn), but when traveling down the road the horn will work as intended regardless of headlights being on or off. I have removed my steering wheel and grounded the connector and it will make the horn click but not sound as designed. Any help or suggestions on how to proceed would be most helpful!
As a foot note my Thing is generator and have been told this is the reason why the horn will not work at idle. I have replaced both generator and regulator with a new genuine Bosch parts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: