Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Seattle folks...

Whats the deal with "tdimotors.net"? If you are the owner of this dealership, I do not mean to be overly offensive but...

How do they get the prices they are asking? (I assume they get the price or close to it, given a fair amount of "pending" status' on their site.

For example, the following van:
'87 westy with 64k documented miles (doesnt mean actual): $31k
link:
http://www.tdimotors.net/vehicle-details/1987-volk...638819da7/

Things I noticed: the front cargo tray has a weird "westfalia" decal (right smack in the middle)
The carpet looks pretty stained
what happened to the rear windshield wiper?
the carpet insert (for main cabin) doesn't fit
rear speaker mod looks hideous...

who are these people and how do they get what they are asking?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:
How do they get the prices they are asking?

A house in our neighborhood was listed for $389k and sold for $491k after four days. This was just a regular little house, built in WWII to house Boeing workers. Not a special house. Our neighborhood does not even have sidewalks. There are a lot of people, with lots of money in the Seattle area. I suspect TDi motors is out to make money moreso than do everyone favors.

I wouldn't want that Westfalia sticker centered. It's a blemish (if it's indeed a 64k mile van).... kind of a "scent marker."

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
docj78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

They are a super shady car dealership. Had to change their name from the Green Car Company because of too many bad reviews. They must finance everyone in house or something, because everything they sell is overpriced, and is often junk
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Dometic Catalina 2500 awning for sale, $600.00

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/5705216941.html
docj78
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:

Dang..... maybe I need to sell mine! I'm not a big fan.....
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

So I need to ask....are these sort of Craigslist posts helpful...or is it just annoying? I found another TF for sale in east lake, $400 ....maybe you can negotiate the price down more...

ad:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/5713544053.html

But seriously, I dont want to be that guy that posts stuff no one is interested in. So let me know, is this helpful? or give it a rest?

cheers
Dana
Corwyn Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Andrew A. Libby wrote:
There might be 37 pages for Seattle if you add up all the stolen vanagon threads...

. . . and subtract all the talk about the WASHINGTON Backroads Discovery Trail . . . Smile Just sayin' . . .
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604813&highlight=baja

"If anything's" gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there"
~ Captain Ron ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Corwyn wrote:
. . . and subtract all the talk about the WASHINGTON Backroads Discovery Trail . . . Smile Just sayin' . . .

Speaking of the WABDR.....I am going to ride it again....... starting this Saturday..... (on a motorcycle)

BTW my Truckfridge CF49 is on the fritz too. Won't get below 48*, which reminds me of the old Dometic...

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
furrylittleotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:

But seriously, I dont want to be that guy that posts stuff no one is interested in. So let me know, is this helpful? or give it a rest?

cheers
Dana

Dana, posting stuff like that is hit or miss. Ya might see a hundred ads go by and then you see a great deal on something rare you need, so as long as you enjoy what you are posting I say go for it.
I like it.

are you using a search program or just using the craplist search?

Neil2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mugford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Time to replace the original windshield as the seals are leaking. I've got the replacement glass and the new rubber, just need a recommendation on a local shop that could help do it for me. Hoping not to find crazy rust underneath but if there is maybe they could help with that as well.

I've watched the usual videos but would prefer to do it with someone who has done it before.

I'm in Magnolia if that helps.
2dogs1van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

mugford wrote:
Time to replace the original windshield as the seals are leaking. I've got the replacement glass and the new rubber, just need a recommendation on a local shop that could help do it for me. Hoping not to find crazy rust underneath but if there is maybe they could help with that as well.

I've watched the usual videos but would prefer to do it with someone who has done it before.

I'm in Magnolia too. I highly recommended Eion Monigold on Westlake on lower Queen Anne. By far he's the best mechanic around
87RedWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

dsdunbar wrote:

Dang, that's a lot of money for an old awning. I've got one and have often thought of replacing it, but figured I'd be lucky to get $50 for the old one. If anyone is tempted by this $600 offer, I'll sell you mine for only $500!
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

87RedWesty wrote:
dsdunbar wrote:

Dang, that's a lot of money for an old awning. I've got one and have often thought of replacing it, but figured I'd be lucky to get $50 for the old one. If anyone is tempted by this $600 offer, I'll sell you mine for only $500!

Given that it's still available, it doesn't seem that people are leaping to pay $600 for it, esp. when we can drive to Das Mule and drive home with an ARB for half the price.

And yes, dsdunbar, I find CL posts interesting and helpful.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

markscullen wrote:
mugford wrote:

I'm in Magnolia too. I highly recommended Eion Monigold on Westlake on lower Queen Anne. By far he's the best mechanic around

Eion and Peacevans both do great work but they're both booked out a several weeks in the summer. Give 'em a call to see what they can do. The rust repair at Peacevans will be booked out a long time in advance if they even do it (they offer $15k restorations, I'm not sure if they do isolated repairs).

I've had 3-4 windshields replaced by the company (Safelite ???) Farmers insurance uses. They come out to where I work and replace it less than an hour. They've always worked fine until they get chipped again (I've been waiting for the end of summer to get the current rock magnet replaced). Maybe they'll swap out your glass for you.

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
Weezyissuperfast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

I agonized over the windshield seal replacement in my van for a long time, particularly after reading people here say it was difficult. Finally got around to it this May, and I found it to be quite easy and straightforward. It is key to have a helper. No cracks and no leaks so far. Might be worth just planning to do it yourself, that way you can really assess what might be lurking underneath in terms of rust. Hopefully you find what I found when I did mine: no rust...phew.
SlalomVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Maybe we should have a Magnolia windshield replacement party or picnic? I am also in the 98199 and my "rock-magnet" also needs replacing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Using a good quality German seal, I was able to install the windshield in my van (with the assistance of a friend) in right around five minutes. The German seal is paramount, as is ambient heat and ensuring that the windshield is exactly centered in the opening.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
mugford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

A picnic/windshield replacement party?

I'd be up for that, also a good way for the local Sambanistas to meet up. The mornings of the next weekend (13 & 14th) are free for me but can try an evening timeslot as well, whatever works. PM me and we can swap info.
dsdunbar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

Found this SVX 3.3 engine listed on craigslist up in bellingham, picture shows it is already installed in a Syncro.

$4900 SVX/Vanagon conversion - $4900 (bellingham)
http://bellingham.craigslist.org/pts/5772774546.html

Ad:
Complete Subaru SVX engine removed from an 87 syncro VW Vanagon.

'96 Subaru SVX 3.3L Motor w/Power steering and AC pumps
30K on refresh, Timing belt, tensioners, Idlers, Seals, Igniters, etc...

Includes:
SC motor mounts w/ muffler bracket
SC Stainless exhaust with Cat and Muffler
Modified Air box for vanagon clearance.
Steel oil pan modified for ground clearance
KEP adapter, Flywheel, Stage 2 clutch
Computer w/ wiring harness modified for any T3/ Vanagon

4900.00 firm
2dogs1van
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The greater (greater) Seattle area is Happening Reply with quote

This past weekend I counted 8 vanagons on my short Sunday morning drive from Magnolia to Fremont and back. With so many vanagons in one small area I'm wondering if there's any interest in the Ballard/Fremont/Magnolia/Queen Anne/Green Lake folks (and anyone else interested) for an informal meet-up on a beautiful fall weekend before the rains return. The Discovery Park south parking lot off Emerson Street is very large and never full and might be a convenient location. Thoughts?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: