Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bratjie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to? Reply with quote

Hi guy's, I want to build a water meth kit for my turbo setup on a 2.1 wbx. I want it to be boost activated at around 5 to 6 psi. I'm using T3T4 blowing through twin 40 Dellortos with charge cooler. Any ideas as to what to use and how to test/build would be greatly appreciated,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Facebook Classifieds Feedback
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to? Reply with quote

bratjie wrote:
Hi guy's, I want to build a water meth kit for my turbo setup on a 2.1 wbx. I want it to be boost activated at around 5 to 6 psi. I'm using T3T4 blowing through twin 40 Dellortos with charge cooler. Any ideas as to what to use and how to test/build would be greatly appreciated,

You'll find tons of info on turbo diesel truck forums...My daily driver was a dodge 3500 for years, those guys are serious gear heads.
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to? Reply with quote

I built my own W/I system.
I used a Sureflo pump and cranked it up to 120 lbs pressure.
I used a gas tank from a lawn mower for the water/alcohol mix.
The 1/4 inch hose and push-loc fittings are available locally.
I use two Hobbs pressure switches and two nozzles... One set at 6 lbs and the second one at 10 lbs. ( I run a lot of boost)
I bought the nozzles from Devils Own just because they work well and it's easier to buy nozzles that are a specific size than to make your own.

If I could do it again I would buy a Devils Own pump since they put out 250 plus lbs and are internally regulated for a more consistent pressure.
It would only cost $50.00 more since they will sell the pump separately for $120.00.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to? Reply with quote

^ ditto. A lot of people I know use oil pressure switches to activate the sprayer solenoid, and the pump itself shuts off at some predetermined pressure so it stays primed.

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
clonebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to? Reply with quote

My first Hobbs switch at 6lbs. activates the solenoid for the nozzle and also activates a relay starting the pump. It's just a extra safety so the pump won't bleed water when not in use. The solenoids keep the vacuum from sucking the tank dry.
Hobbs switches are available online that are adjustable for pressure and your choice of N/O or N/C for around $25.00 each they are well worth the money.
Get the ones adjustable from 2-14 lbs.
Oil pressure switches aren't adjustable and you want to be able to set when they come on.

Take a good long look in the mirror and report back on what you see.

Paul.H wrote:
That one line on that chart is probably better info than you can get from this place in a month

My Megasquirt Fuel Injection Turbo Buggy Build
Water/Alcohol Injection
Audi TT intercooler
Upgraded to MS3Pro-Evo
EcuMaster PMU16
ECUMaster ADU5 Digital Dash

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=127936
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: DIY homebuilt water/meth kit, how to? Reply with quote

You can't use one nozzle because the the top half of the system is not made for wet flow, and also because it is made so the water will drain into the carbs, which will screw everything up, so, don't do it.

It is not practical to have four water nozzles.
I think two may be practical, and could be made to work if you build tube "Y" carb hats like this, and locate the float vent way upstream
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: