Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Classicvibe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Registration opens next week - Friday if all goes well. You will find the registration form here, along with the some other shop items:
Syncro Solstice Website

The thread will be updated when registration opens. If you leave a comment on this thread, you will get the notification. Otherwise, you can follow the events leading up to Syncro Solstice 2016 here:
Facebook - Twitter - Instagram

Check out the location! Google Map

There are lots of new events and trails this year. We are finding new territory and activities and the excitement is already building around here. We have built such a wonderful community over the years. It is incredible to get everyone back together to do it again.

New site, new activities, new planning and some new people to make it happen...lots of changes to tackle as the Syncro Solstice continues to organically grow. If this is your first Solstice, or you simply want to start getting stoked, here are some areas to help you along the way.

Samba Threads:
2015 Solstice
2014 Solstice
2013 Solstice
2012 Solstice
2012 Solstice Pics
2012 Hell's Revenge
2012 Primer
2011 Solstice

Syncro Solstice 2022...see you there!

1986.5 Wolfsburg Syncro Westfalia Poptop Weekender Transporter
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

In! Such a great way to kick off the summer.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raoul mitgong
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Comment
91 Westy (Only the top 12 inches of this van (a burn victim))
Farfrumwork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Applause

now lets hope that my new product launch goes off in time for us to make it. boo-work

"Blood stains, speed kills - Fast cars, cheap thrills - Rich girls, fine wine - I've lost my sense, I've lost control, I've lost my mind"
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

So excited Very Happy

Syncro Jael
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

hans j wrote:
So excited Very Happy

[pic]

Me too! I had a great time traveling down the backroads with you last year. Let's go do it again! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Want to come back...so BAD! Drool

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Birdcage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

woohoo,
SyncroPedro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Never been, looking forward to more details!
WedgeAntillies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Never been, really going to try and make this event this year. Very Happy
WLD*WSTY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Beware the SAR orange tintop... Laughing
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

One of the mellower trails:

Link
Wink

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mountain1.8t
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
One of the mellower trails:

Link
Wink

That looks amazing! Would it be out of line for a 2wd guy to show up?
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Running_Man wrote:

There are 4wd trails and 2wd trails, plenty for both. Some years I've taken my 2wd van out, some years I've ridden in Syncros. I've always had a fantastic time either way.

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Running_Man wrote:

To my knowledge all events with Syncro in the title are open to any VW van/bus owner. Syncronauts don't discriminate! Cool
You should definitely go — everyone here should go at least once. Maybe just not all at the same time. Laughing

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:

You should definitely go — everyone here should go at least once.

Dave, you should go at least twice. What's the deal?

'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

www.josephtrussell.com
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
photogdave wrote:

You should definitely go — everyone here should go at least once.

Dave, you should go at least twice. What's the deal?

Oh man...let's just say my spirit is there every year even if my body can't be.
I'm tryin' real hard for this year!

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

FrankenSubySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

I will be there again. I am bringing another new PNW syncronaut (Dale Mendenhall) and the Lengyels. We are planning on spending 2 weeks in Utah this year.

I will lead the Hell's Revenge trip again this year. I want to do more of the back country sight seeing trips too this year.

F & R lockers, decoupler, SS, 6.17 R&P
Trans Cooler
EMPI race prepped 930 CVs and axles
Bilstein coilover front, rear ProComp MX-6066R shocks, 14" hypercoil springs
30x9.5 15" BFG Muds
Custom skid plates
Nose job (custom front bumper) http://www.flickr.com/photos/subyvanagon/sets/72157624970330925/
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

Yup, 2wd more than welcome and there are probably more 2wd roads out there than there are syncro roads! I've been working on this map for a few years now https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zPwn4b04L3Sg.k89YDelvYvFM&usp=sharing. There is still a LOT more to add to the map, but I think I'm getting there. I was able to manage to download it into my phone, but I don't remember how now... Rolling Eyes I used an app called Map Plus for my iphone. I might be able to manage to get it to work again.
Basically I have the Google map laid out like a ski resort map. Green is easiest and is pretty much a passenger car road. Blue I'd recommend taller tires, although I have seen a lowered van drive on Shaefer Switchbacks! So careful driving in even a stock van should be just fine. Black are going to be syncro trails due to a variety of things found on that trail. Could be deep sand or steps or big rocks. Now that's not going to actually keep a 2wd off those trails. Again, careful driving and deflated tires can get you through some deep sand. So if you have been thinking about getting an air compressor, now is your chance! You'll get plenty of use out of it Smile

Ron I don't think we will be able to do that trip again this year. We'll be traveling with an infant this year Shocked
GWTWTLW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Syncro Solstice 2016, May 19-22 Reply with quote

That is an awesome map! Thanks for sharing! I always pass through Moab in June on our way to telluride and always want to do some wheeling in the area but never know what to do and am never packed suitably for wheeling. I'm dieing to make it to solstice one of these years, it is just so close to the CO trip to do the drive and take vacation time twice. Fingers crossed that you will decide to do it mid-June some year instead! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: