Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
beetlecrx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:45 pm    Post subject: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

m hoping for some help with a storyline on a movie im planning, im a independent film maker with a (low Budget) I want it to relate to the old classic car movies ( Vanishing point, two lane blacktop,, hot rod, , dirty mary crazy larry, corvette summer) there are alot more out there,i dont want a copy of what was done . I have no budget for a car chase and crash movie, nor the liability insurance. I want a movie with a story that the cars are one of the main focus. what we have access to in related to cars, We have access to A large Classic Car restoration shop, We are friend with a owner on a racetrack and drag strip, We have access to a large selection of classic cars, Mopar , Mustangs, Hotrods, and of course some vw,s. so im looking for help with a storyline, if someone comes up with a idea i use i will give a credit in the film. once i have a storyline i can have a screen writer work with that. One storyline im thing might work is a road trip kinda theme but would have to have some unexpected twists along the way,
i do want a fair share of classic cars in the film. i want a good story, plot, so my interest now is the storyline, i have everything else in place or working on it, I I want to make something i would watch and not something just because thats whats done today and what is "expected" to be more popular, at the end of the day all i want is to make a film with great cinematography, great sound, good actors, a good soundtrack, interesting locations and a interesting storyline and see where it goes, and hoping to have some people here or around me come for the ride,
Your input on here would be much appreciated and would give credit in the film for any valuable input, finding the right screenwriter is my main focus now that has the same vision as myself
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

Okay just shooting the crap but what about a severe solar flare hits earth and wipes out computer electronics. Classic cars are the only vehicles with old enough technology to still be usable. In desperation, people remember the Amish, and all over the country embark on road trips to Amish Country Pennsylvania, believing them to be the only truly self sustaining "society's" left in America.

I can imagine people in car clubs meeting up in California along the coastline one last time, getting into buddy systems/caravans... a friend running over to his buddy's house who has a classic GTO, or a Mustang, carrying bottles of drinking water to throw in the trunk, etc.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

Maybe a movie about the series of owners, but viewed from the car's perspective. Maybe add a dog to the car for an extra "aaawwww!" factor.

Cover it from showroom new, to a bit worn, to hand-me-down teen's first car, to maybe stolen and a drug dealer, near miss with a crusher, with an eventual restoration by someone who (final plot twist) turns out to be related to the original owner.

Start in the '60s, wind up in the '10s.

A Volkswagen, of course. A Bus opens more travel story lines, and even a tasteful sex scene opportunity.

"A Car's Life".

Include me in the credits, please.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

It needs a guy with a chainsaw meme, a girl with a head that spins, a tornado with sharks in it. Don’t forget the Ken Burns effect, and you have caught all genres. Olive Garden and Taco Bell give a good backdrop for the masses

How about a Forest Gump theme? Moving through history ?
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

ktphil's idea has potential...

I'm sorry but my ideas are protected by copyright Wink

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

The story of a young screenwriter who is struggling to sell his screenplay. He is driving all over Hollywood in his classic bus, which he lives and works out of, pitching his story to all the producers.
The problem is, no one can read his incomprehensible story treatments because of the poor spelling and punctuation.
Frustrated, he goes on a crime spree and leads the police on a state-wide car chase before driving straight into a bulldozer.

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

hobthebob wrote:
Okay just shooting the crap but what about a severe solar flare hits earth and wipes out computer electronics. Classic cars are the only vehicles with old enough technology to still be usable. In desperation, people remember the Amish, and all over the country embark on road trips to Amish Country Pennsylvania, believing them to be the only truly self sustaining "society's" left in America.

I can imagine people in car clubs meeting up in California along the coastline one last time, getting into buddy systems/caravans... a friend running over to his buddy's house who has a classic GTO, or a Mustang, carrying bottles of drinking water to throw in the trunk, etc.

This is a great idea. The movie would end in about 8 minutes when the characters realize that gas pumps work via computers and electronics.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
hobthebob wrote:
Okay just shooting the crap but what about a severe solar flare hits earth and wipes out computer electronics. Classic cars are the only vehicles with old enough technology to still be usable. ... a friend running over to his buddy's house who has a classic GTO, or a Mustang, carrying bottles of drinking water to throw in the trunk, etc.

This is a great idea. The movie would end in about 8 minutes when the characters realize that gas pumps work via computers and electronics.

Laughing based on my pandemic experience they would be shooting it out in the toilet roll aisle at the supermarket

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:
The story of a young screenwriter who is struggling to sell his screenplay. He is driving all over Hollywood in his classic bus, which he lives and works out of, pitching his story to all the producers.
The problem is, no one can read his incomprehensible story treatments because of the poor spelling and punctuation.
Frustrated, he goes on a crime spree and leads the police on a state-wide car chase before driving straight into a bulldozer.

Vanagon Point
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
hobthebob wrote:

Yes, but remember, this is an Indie film. Probably can't be much longer than 8 minutes, anyway!
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

I'm kinda speechless anyone would have the gall to ask for ideas and only offer a credit. But if you do come up with a good idea and need some financing get in touch. I spent 30 years in the business. Wink

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

Make a movie about VW owners. Just like “Best in Show”. But with car owners. All the “famous” Samba members can be character’s. Guarantee to amuse hundreds of people.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

Quote:
In desperation, people remember the Amish, and all over the country embark on road trips to Amish Country Pennsylvania, believing them to be the only truly self sustaining "society's" left in America.

Mother Abigail in Lancaster PA

“ The Dark Man is coming !”
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
Make a movie about VW owners. Just like “Best in Show”. But with car owners. All the “famous” Samba members can be character’s. Guarantee to amuse hundreds of people.

I'm not sure the viewing public are ready for that! Laughing

how about - film starts like an episode of american pickers where an old white beetle is found languishing in a barn. turns out it's 'herbie'! he passes through a few owners, mostly flippers, before a group of enthusiasts start restoring him. but the chinese parts are doing his head in and the enthusiasts are always bickering about the restoration and patina....Herbie ends up slinking away and finds an abandoned barn to chill out in where the spiders, mice and a barn owl family become his friends...
Popcorn

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

finster wrote:
NJ John wrote:

I'm not sure the viewing public are ready for that! Laughing

how about - film starts like an episode of american pickers where an old white beetle is found languishing in a barn. turns out it's 'herbie'! he passes through a few owners, mostly flippers, before a group of enthusiasts start restoring him. but the chinese parts are doing his head in and the enthusiasts are always bickering about the restoration and patina....Herbie ends up slinking away and finds an abandoned barn to chill out in where the spiders, mice and a barn owl family become his friends...
Popcorn

Including the lives of a family of Owls as a sub-plot would certainly be a hoot. Very Happy
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

A wise choice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

I can picture the merchandise already!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

WTF!
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

Ya, mon.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Need help on a car related movie storyline. Filming a Movie Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:

Or into the side of train with his dirty girlfriend.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: