Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finally getting back to the build
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EfiniMotorsport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Finally getting back to the build Reply with quote

Between a few other car projects, buying and renovating my first home and life in general my rail project got put on the back burner for far too long. I've finally been able to get back on it in the last month or two though and it's definitely come a long way quickly. I still need to mock up the brake lines, e-brake cables, throttle cable and some wiring before it comes back apart for paint. Unfortunately my buddy that painted it had never painted a tube frame before and didn't do a great job. Luckily I got what I paid for in that it was free. I'm also still working on the coding for the arduino to be able to use a 10" touchscreen for gauges, GPS and aux lighting control. This is going to be a strictly street legal rail. All the required lighting is flush mounted LED for brake, turn, reverse and tail lights. The last pic is what it looked like when I started
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: Finally getting back to the build Reply with quote

Nice work on the engine cage! Is that all fuel tank or is some of it storage?

You are lucky to be able to run that car on the road. Where I live the light bar at that height and open wheels are not allowed.
EfiniMotorsport
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Finally getting back to the build Reply with quote

I still need to add the fenders to make it legal. The light bar does work but I wouldnt use it on the street. The short vertical bars on the front frame rails are for headlights. They're just not mounted in the pic. The rear bin is half fuel tank, half trunk.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: