Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Why do you say the orange isnt as popular over there as here? You mean back in the day when new or now? Cuz those Europeans like some wackadoodle color schemes - now and back then. Laughing

From what I’ve been discussing everything, now at least, is blue, green, or white.

I hope thats true. So when I cash out this spring it may be a good pay day. Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Well, if it sold close to your price and someone will go through the hassle and expense of shipping it to Europe, then I'd say the market for these is fairly strong. You listed it for sale Jan 12 and it's barely been six weeks.

In the past three years you went from something that was ready to decompose back into earth to something someone could use on the other side of the world.

Can't say my 401k performed nearly as well even with my attentiveness. Best of luck to you on this whole deal!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Well my friends, this thread will soon be changing hands.
A forgotten old bus from a small town in the middle of Arkansas is going to France.

Au revoir jusqu'à la prochaine fois.
“Goodbye until next time”

More to come. Love this community, and this is a bittersweet day. But this chapter with PushPop is coming to a close. To new beginnings.
Thank you,
Sam

Oct. ’67 Double Cab (’68 Crew Cab)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44412.png]Click to view image[/URL]
March '69 Delivery (Panel Bus)
[url=http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate-44414.png]Click to view image[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
A forgotten old bus from a small town in the middle of Arkansas is going to France.

More to come. Love this community, and this is a bittersweet day. But this chapter with PushPop is coming to a close. To new beginnings.
Thank you,
Sam

Well, you were attacked on your price. How'd you do Sam? If you want to PM me, that's fine. Wink

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

I'm happy for you, Sam. It's great you'll be able to get your new business going, and all the time and effort you put into PushPop is paying dividends. And you'll have more time to put into your new bay.

But I was hoping to run into you driving the big old pumpkin sometime... Crying or Very sad
(Okay, "run into" probably isn't the correct term.)

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

you're talking like you're leaving... you literally just started a new build thread on your double cab a couple weeks ago. lol Laughing
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Wasted youth wrote:
Well, if it sold close to your price and someone will go through the hassle and expense of shipping it to Europe, then I'd say the market for these is fairly strong. You listed it for sale Jan 12 and it's barely been six weeks.

In the past three years you went from something that was ready to decompose back into earth to something someone could use on the other side of the world.

Can't say my 401k performed nearly as well even with my attentiveness. Best of luck to you on this whole deal!

It’s a bit bewildering isn’t it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

Thank you,
Sam

Well, you were attacked on your price. How'd you do Sam? If you want to PM me, that's fine. Wink

Bill, the hammer dropped at $15k. Gentleman is looking at just shy of $4k in expenses for transport from Little Rock, AR to Houston to France.

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
I'm happy for you, Sam. It's great you'll be able to get your new business going, and all the time and effort you put into PushPop is paying dividends. And you'll have more time to put into your new bay.

But I was hoping to run into you driving the big old pumpkin sometime... Crying or Very sad
(Okay, "run into" probably isn't the correct term.)

No running into any of my VW’s! Laughing
Honestly, I’m eager to find another Westy. I’m weird I guess, I enjoy the hunt and the challenge. Seeing something cruddy become a little nicer. PushPop was great to me, taught me much about myself, and the experiences I will always keep.
Saddened and bittersweet, my attention and time are needed elsewhere in my life to achieve the goals that I am setting and striding for. I am happy and believe the couple in France are going to be kind and caring. Giving this old bus a new life that for almost 30 years was sitting in the woods behind an old house it never envisioned. That’s pretty cool to me.
I certainly didn’t see it coming.

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Spike0180 wrote:
you're talking like you're leaving... you literally just started a new build thread on your double cab a couple weeks ago. lol Laughing

Well in a way, I am. This bus is the one that got me into this crazy community, it is dear to my heart. It has been a loyal friend, a companion on the road of life, and I am grateful for the underpowered machinery that took me across thousands of miles, more so the emotions and understandings of my late 20’s.

So yeah, a part of me is leaving here, allowing me to grow and continue to find my groove in life.

Plus the thousands that are about to go into the Double Cab. Laughing

Wasted youth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
... I am happy and believe the couple in France are going to be kind and caring. Giving this old bus a new life that for almost 30 years was sitting in the woods behind an old house it never envisioned. That’s pretty cool to me.
I certainly didn’t see it coming.

Ja!
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Congratulations!

Selling stuff is hard to do.

The old adage about the two happiest days of boat ownership comes to mind..

If you find yourself missing your bus,
Take all 150 benjamins, and make a ‘fan’ out of them.
Do a little twirl in the new clean spot you have while fanning yourself if you have to. Razz

What’s That Noise?!?
orwell84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

I think you did well; finished one project, got some decent mad money for it and started something that probably is more interesting for you. Way better than accumulating almost finished buses.
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
Congratulations!

Selling stuff is hard to do.

The old adage about the two happiest days of boat ownership comes to mind..

If you find yourself missing your bus,
Take all 150 benjamins, and make a ‘fan’ out of them.
Do a little twirl in the new clean spot you have while fanning yourself if you have to. Razz

Thanks Clatter, it certainly is a tough decision, parting with something that is so dear to your heart. But this bus is going to study abroad, perhaps meet some hot French fat chicks?!

I have some business debts to settle, a good chunk to go towards production of products, as well as four more buses added to the Bus Barn garage:
2 -1971 Westfalias
1970 -Tintop
1974 - Tintop
1967 - Beetle Sedan
The fun is only beginning, a bittersweet moment. I'll probably cry next Friday having it loaded up, no big deal...

SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

orwell84 wrote:
I think you did well; finished one project, got some decent mad money for it and started something that probably is more interesting for you. Way better than accumulating almost finished buses.

Thank you.
Don’t fret my Westy Brethren, I’m looking for another camper. When the time is right, I’ll settle down again. Curious to see how camping will be with the Doka.

KentABQ Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
Curious to see how camping will be with the Doka.

I'm guessing it'll be comfortable, as long as you're no taller than 4'8"... Cool

"I must say, how can you be in a bad mood driving this vehicle full of vibrant color.
Cars of today are so bland in comparison. It's like driving a celebration!"
---WildIdea

Bus ownership via emoticons:
Very Happy Shocked Mad Sad Embarassed d'oh! Pray Brick wall Pray Dancing Dancing Dancing ---williamM
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

KentPS wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:
Curious to see how camping will be with the Doka.

I'm guessing it'll be comfortable, as long as you're no taller than 4'8"... Cool

I’m looking to put a hoop and canvas setup in the truck, and copying the guidelines for the M-Code 226, have the rear gate latched halfway to extend the bed for my legs.
We’ll see. Good thing the lady is short.

wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

SamboSamba22 wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
SamboSamba22 wrote:

Thank you,
Sam

Bill, the hammer dropped at $15k. Gentleman is looking at just shy of $4k in expenses for transport from Little Rock, AR to Houston to France.

Solid price! Congrats!

I also like what you said in regards to bringing that dead bus back to life to be enjoyed again after 30 years.
This bus that was once unloved and neglected is now on a boat crossing the ocean for the second time.

Nice job

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
SamboSamba22
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I buy this bus?!? '74 Campmobile Reply with quote

The deal was settled around lunch today. The bus will be living life along the southeastern coast of France. Bittersweet but going to what I believe to be a great home. So grateful for all I’ve learned, all the people this bus has introduced me to, and to the groundings of my passion for Volkswagens.
Next stop Houston, then back on the boat!

The gentlemen involved with this deal have been kind, honest, and fair. This is my first dealings with anything internationally so there’s a lot of skepticism.
Just be honest, logical, and safe.
Apparently there are plenty of bus nuts across the globe.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 56, 57, 58  Next
Jump to:
Page 57 of 58

Jump to: