Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

exhaust for a 40hp 1200cc engine
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: exhaust for a 40hp 1200cc engine Reply with quote

In looking at exhausts for my sand rail with a 1200cc engine. I'm noticing that pretty much everything listed is for 1300/1600 engines or bigger (1 1/2", 1 5/8"). I'm looking for something like the top one on this picture:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Can a 1 1/2" exhaust listed for a 1300/1600cc engine be fitted to mate with a 40hp 1200cc engine?
joemama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust for a 40hp 1200cc engine Reply with quote

You would need something where the width of the exhaust at the heads is , as the 1300/1600 is wider

you can see in this exhaust how some tubes slide inside the other to adjust width
Call a place like Moore Parts in Anaheim Ca., and ask.
joemama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust for a 40hp 1200cc engine Reply with quote

Meant to say, where the width at the heads is adjustable.
oldschool5er
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: exhaust for a 40hp 1200cc engine Reply with quote

don1357 wrote:
In looking at exhausts for my sand rail with a 1200cc engine. I'm noticing that pretty much everything listed is for 1300/1600 engines or bigger (1 1/2", 1 5/8"). I'm looking for something like the top one on this picture:

Can a 1 1/2" exhaust listed for a 1300/1600cc engine be fitted to mate with a 40hp 1200cc engine?

Unfortunately The Bobcat you are asking about is no longer made for the 40hp engine that I know of. I have one on a Lee Leighton engine that was installed 30+ years ago. TriMill was who had them and they were a small 1 3/8 " to match the 40hp heads. When SoCal imports bought the TriMill name I think they dropped all 40hp offroad exhausts years later and the same for Empi. Not profitable I am sure. I don't see how a 1600c 1 1/2" could be made to work by cutting and welding, but where theres a will theres a way, so maybe someone has done it or buy a cheap used one you can slice and dice.

Full machine shop with all types of CNC. Rapid prototyping available, CNC Plasma cutting, 3D printing and Laser engraving.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joemama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: exhaust for a 40hp 1200cc engine Reply with quote

I see that the empi 3300 exhaust fits 40 horse as well as 1600. It is not the style you are looking for, but you can see why it fits all, because it is adjustable. I think it would be 1 1/2" or 1 5/8", not the 1 3/8". you can also scour the classifieds for a used one. Also, maybe call Chirco in Tucson, AZ. They seem to have some old stuff.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: