Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What do you think about the color of my car? NEW PICTURE!!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt want to drive it to college either but its what i got... and if i have it long enough to take it to college it will be repainted.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronschopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking car. Not a favorite color but hey looks good and could be worse.. I also like the window tent on car..
mulk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the paint job is quality, and it looks to be, then keep it. How many pink cars are out there? Not many. So if you pull that into a p-lot full of ACVW's, you'll be a stand-out. Remember, it's just paint, it has nothing to do with your choices in life. I you know it looks good(everybody said it looks good), then carry that attitude whenever you cruise it. There's a Sedan rollin' around here in Vegas that is ALL that same pink, and it's bad-ass. I turned around while on patrol just to check it out further. It's a freakin' eye catcher.

Imagine smokin' some ricer in your pink car? He'd feel straight-up like a dick, and fear ACVW's from that point on (or buy one!)

Just my opinion - Keep it!

http://www.lasvegasvwclub.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mulk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is. Once again this is one Bad-Ass ride. The pictures don't do it justice. Not to mention it's powered by a clean 2275cc plant.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I'd roll in this any day of the week!

http://www.lasvegasvwclub.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mulkfam3 wrote:
If the paint job is quality, and it looks to be, then keep it. How many pink cars are out there? Not many. So if you pull that into a p-lot full of ACVW's, you'll be a stand-out. Remember, it's just paint, it has nothing to do with your choices in life. I you know it looks good(everybody said it looks good), then carry that attitude whenever you cruise it. There's a Sedan rollin' around here in Vegas that is ALL that same pink, and it's bad-ass. I turned around while on patrol just to check it out further. It's a freakin' eye catcher.

Imagine smokin' some ricer in your pink car? He'd feel straight-up like a dick, and fear ACVW's from that point on (or buy one!)

Just my opinion - Keep it!

HELL YEAH. Props to you man. That is one totally good way to look at it. Im sure ill get shit from the guys but they'll but pissed when the girls like it... thanks bro...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
E-boyz67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that color the porsche raspberry pink because it looks like it.
dstefun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think that color is a chick magnet. How can that be bad? And the white rubber really sets it out too. A sweet car! I wouldn't ever pick that color for new paint myself but I'd also be too cheap to repaint it unless it really sucked. Keep it and spend your $ on other goodies. Smile Just count the women and laugh.
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah im almost positive that the color is porsche raspberry pink. That is what i was told from the original owner but i wasnt sure at the time.
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any more thoughts???
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO the color is a brave color to roll nowadays but hey, if you like it, keep it. screw what people think. Im sure you wont have alot of people copy catting you like every other color. I remember when those colors were the shit. all the bugs and mini truckers had pastels. Thats old school.
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
buguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think that is Porsche raspberry. I have been looking at a mag with a bug that color since 1998 (that is the color I was planning on painting mine since 1998) so I have a pretty good idea of the color. You should see that mag...its all tore to shit from me staring at it. if you are really interested I could dig it out and give you what mag and date. I agree with what has been said. Pink isnt my favorite color, but if its nice, screw em. Save your money for a hot engine, then go embarrass anyone with a big mouth. What could be worse than getting smoked by a pink bug!!!
eastvalley65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I CONCUR!
First of all, your car is NOT pepto-bismol pink. I had a similar opportunity when I was a freshman in HS to buy a car that REALLY WAS pepto-pink. It was a 64 sunroof, with polished empis and a badass sound system. I was scared to rock it in high school in the late 90s, but mostly because I went to school with a buncha rich brats who all drove white and silver cars. Anyway, I wasnt interested in drawing any more attention to myself than was necessary... The only ugly thing about that car was that it had pink and turquoise, striped vinyl interior. HOW AWFUL!!! Shocked
Of course, everyone's taste is different. Personally I dont like the two tone. But, I've got a java green 65 and I really like the color on your car! I mean, I think it kicks ass! It's not really pink. To me, pink is lighter. Your car is more like magenta or fuschia. Anyway it kicks ass. I think the black window rubber might look out of place. What color is the interior? I couldnt tell. I say wax that bad boy up and ROLL OUT! Besides, chicks will totally love it and by driving it you'll certainly become more secure in your masculinity... you dont gotta prove it by painting your car black with flames, killa.
eastvalley65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS I'm still kicking my ass for not buying that pink ride. I could have not been a dummy and put black upholstry in it for $200. Stupid kids, right? I wish I could find it now!
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thinkin... you know whats up.
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastvalley65 wrote:

I think the black window rubber might look out of place. What color is the interior? I couldnt tell.

The interior is a grey tweed. got any ideas?
slackin' at work
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a sweet ride! like most everyone, the color is not for me but looks good so roll it.

however... The car looks really straight and would take minimum time to prep it for paint. if you can do the disassembly and assembly you could probably have it painted for less than you think.

I say black with flames Laughing

I rolled a sea-foam green `55 in college. chicks dug it!
just my 2 cents.
-chris
vw6366
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU drive the girls crazy
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Anniehum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slammed 64 wrote:
Does anyone have any more thoughts???

Is that the Barbie Dream Beatle? or a Mary Kay Cosmetics consultant car? J/K
That car is very distinctive. If that is a quality paint job, keep it. But I agree with above change the window rubber. If you aren't sure make a copy of the photo and use a sharpie to see how it will look.
vegasSTEVE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... I'm new here, but since my car was mentioned above - I thought I should throw my vote in for the pink!

I've certainly received my fair share of crap for painting my Oval "watermelon coral" (i insist it's not really PINK - LOL)...

No matter what color a car is, if it is done well, people will appreciate it...

Chick magnet? That's an understatement..... they follow me home in droves!!! We can all dream right?

Nice car... make it fast make it first and whip their ass!
Good Luck to you....
Las Vegas Volkswagen Club-1997 (Founding Member) An Officially Licensed VWoA Club
Kel Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah, and your car looks awesome.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: