Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Our Lastest Vee-dub: A Kubelwagen replica, Philippines.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Our Lastest Vee-dub: A Kubelwagen replica, Philippines. Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Kubelwagen in one of the VW Shows in Manila, Philippine. I am talking with a fellow VW enthusiast Rolf, a German, who happens to own a Replica Kubelwagen too.

This was feature on TopGear Philippines.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/feature-article...volkswagen
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: roof frame Reply with quote

Mike Sal wrote:
Nice job of getting it to work. I'm getting ready to rebuild the frame for my Kooble Kar. They used 19mm wide x 3mm thick metal for the side pieces and it is too flimsy. I took a lot of pictures of the mechanism froma real Kubel & am going to buy thicker metal and make replacement bars.

Next is to make a new top. The previous owner let the Kar set outside and the weather has rotted the canvas. I'll use the old top as a pattern to make the new one. Do you have a pattern for yours yet?
Mike Sal

Good day your roof frame looks very good ! Can you please give us the measurements. I want to built one for my type 82 replica.Regards Gys
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Our Lastest Vee-dub: A Kubelwagen replica, Philippines. Reply with quote

Hello from the UK. Luckily I have a real Kubel, and can't help but admire the work and determination you have shown in making this car as Kubel like as possible. An amazing amount of work. No waiting around for parts - Just get on and make them! Well done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Our Lastest Vee-dub: A Kubelwagen replica, Philippines. Reply with quote

You make it look too easy bother Dong,

what about a folding top for a notchback or type 34.

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Our Lastest Vee-dub: A Kubelwagen replica, Philippines. Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
You make it look too easy bother Dong,

what about a folding top for a notchback or type 34.

Martin
allwagons

Hahaha! Hello there Type 3 buddy! I guess it can be done!

Thanks!
'67 Splitty Bus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Our Lastest Vee-dub: A Kubelwagen replica, Philippines. Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
Hello from the UK. Luckily I have a real Kubel, and can't help but admire the work and determination you have shown in making this car as Kubel like as possible. An amazing amount of work. No waiting around for parts - Just get on and make them! Well done.

Thanks so much, Buddy! I was a labor of love and a bucket full of patience! But, it was worth the wait and work!
'67 Splitty Bus
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: