Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Building a sedan delivery
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Looking good GP, so when is the maiden voyage? I covered my wheel wells with leather, I didn't have any issues with stretching over the curved shape. Yeah I know pictures or it didn't happen. I will post something soon
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
Looking good GP, so when is the maiden voyage?

someday soon

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery

Last edited by grandpa pete on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

I am doing something different. See the type 3 section and look at the panel van post

Last edited by eyetzr on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Man this thing is turning cool. Loving the walls and floor. When it's done feel free to drive it out to CA and give me a ride. I'll provide a milk crate for my seat haha.
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

photo of wiring ; finally found a photo so I can check colors / locations

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

replace 9 pin relay with this
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3...highlight=

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery

Last edited by grandpa pete on Wed May 11, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Todays project was hooking up all the power and led interior lights in white and red
( red lights help night vision when camping at the astronomy club outings )
#1 inverter power
#2 110 volt AC
#3 12 volt DC
Using a marine circuit breaker instead of a fuse .

The 110 volt has an outside plug for easy hookup to shore power ;
an old socket keeps the plug in place when not in use .

Last edited by grandpa pete on Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Hey, I'm no electrician but shouldn't that plug be in a box? Just wondering Rolling Eyes
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
Hey, I'm no electrician but shouldn't that plug be in a box? Just wondering Rolling Eyes

The old socket isn't hooked up to anything ; It's just a way to hold the yellow plug when it is not plugged into an extension cord from a campsite power source .

Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

grandpa pete wrote:
I keep seing numbers add up on the thread visit tally and wonder if People like Bobnotch ; Duanel ; Mike Fischer ; 1 ghia and others are still interested . Laughing

I'm still here, just been busy with other stuff. I do have to ask, what are you waiting on the mechanic about? I only went back to page 41 (Jan 16), and you were tired of waiting on the mechanic then too. Is it engine related? Or something else?
Love the interior walls, and the carpet really looks good in there. Very different. Cool You don't even see that in buses. Laughing Nice job, and having that big table really helps out doing those kind of jobs. What was the driver's seat out of? Just asking as you never mentioned it.
Keep up the good work, you're moving along really good, and it won't be long before you'll be sleeping in it in Tennessee or Virginia. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
grandpa pete wrote:
I keep seing numbers add up on the thread visit tally and wonder if People like Bobnotch ; Duanel ; Mike Fischer ; 1 ghia and others are still interested . Laughing

I'm still here, just been busy with other stuff. I do have to ask, what are you waiting on the mechanic about? I only went back to page 41 (Jan 16), and you were tired of waiting on the mechanic then too. Is it engine related? Or something else?
Love the interior walls, and the carpet really looks good in there. Very different. Cool You don't even see that in buses. Laughing Nice job, and having that big table really helps out doing those kind of jobs. What was the driver's seat out of? Just asking as you never mentioned it.
Keep up the good work, you're moving along really good, and it won't be long before you'll be sleeping in it in Tennessee or Virginia. Cool

The drivers seat was out of a car ...........at the junkyard Laughing .......I measured so many that by the time I found the one that worked I never wrote down what kind of car it came out of Embarassed Embarassed Smile

Got a call yesterday that they are working on the transmission and I MIGHT be cruising by june Very Happy Laughing

That time of year again ; I'm off to that Financial Advisors annual convention ; this year in Nashville Tennesee .

Last edited by grandpa pete on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
tabney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

grandpa pete wrote:
Anyone in Nashville know of local shows this weekend or next ????

I think it's a couple hours drive from Nashville, but Sevierville, TN has Circle Yer Wagens going on the 30th and 1st. Supposed to be a good time. I'm trying to talk the wife into coming down from Louisville.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

tabney wrote:
grandpa pete wrote:
Anyone in Nashville know of local shows this weekend or next ????

I think it's a couple hours drive from Nashville, but Sevierville, TN has Circle Yer Wagens going on the 30th and 1st. Supposed to be a good time. I'm trying to talk the wife into coming down from Louisville.

Thankyou ; I will have a company truck and can't stray that far ;

Last edited by grandpa pete on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

The inspiration

getting started ; cut up a 66bug

Add on some bus pieces

Add a type 3 inside deck and engine

Do a little body work

Add new wiring

And a custom interior

grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Stopped off at " Circle Your Wagens " in Sevierville Tennessee on my way back from a job in Nashville .( talked the boss into it )
VERY disappointed that I wasn't allowed to bring the 28 foot 32000 pound truck into the show AND they didn't have a " BIG yellow truck " trophy Razz

Good time friendly people And LOTS of vendors ;
First show I've ever been to where there were more vendors than VW's .

Cali_Army_Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Any updates on this?
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Any updates on this?

Too busy at work . Crying or Very sad

vwpyro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Hi GP,

I have recently discovered your thread, and after reading thru it entirely, registered to Thank you for all your hard work and your postings. its quite inspirational.

Thank You.
CK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Any updates on this?

It's a more than reasonable question from Cali, but it's tough being into a deep project like this. Life gets involved and before you know it, you are prioritizing and juggling life and work. Kids come along and hose over the best made plans... - oh wait that me...

I definitely couldn't do this but it has to be a proper long-term project from both a time and financial commitment standpoint.

I hope that you have AC in that workhouse GP. my thermometer blew up last week.
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

vwpyro wrote:
Hi GP,

I have recently discovered your thread, and after reading thru it entirely, registered to Thank you for all your hard work and your postings. its quite inspirational.

Thank You.
CK

Hello and WELCOME to the Samba ; I'm Glad you took the time to read this and you enjoyed it ..yesterday I made a list of final projects ranging from door seals to hooks to hang uniforms ...I'm not finished yet .

grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Building a sedan delivery Reply with quote

gondiwindi wrote:
Cali_Army_Guy wrote:
Any updates on this?

I definitely couldn't do this but it has to be a proper long-term project from both a time and financial commitment standpoint.

I hope that you have AC in that workhouse GP. my thermometer blew up last week.

Well ; I'm into this almost $7000 and 2 1/2 years !!! Shocked Shocked
And yes I have the air conditioned garage to work in ...when my wife isn't using it Laughing Laughing
I got a call that the re-built Type3 runs and the transmission rebuild is progressing .
I'm working on a punch list of "final "items . The AC in my ford van died so when this is finished I will use it as the second car ; otherwise it would just sit and deteriorate . I only drive 1.8 miles to work so it won't get too worn out .

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Jump to:
Page 43 of 57

Jump to: