Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Non-VW cars that you want?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
2weel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

Been wanting a 1936 Ford Truck for some time. Spotted this one the other day.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SO I BOUGHT IT! I am so STOKED! My first Flat Head!
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

It's nice to see the diversity of cars and trucks here. Exactly one week ago I rented this 2016 truck from the dealer with 150 miles on the clock. Spent all weekend driving the shit out of it, covered over 700 miles. Only in America will they turn you loose with a 40k dollar ride just to see if you like it. I know some of the folks here Remember the original Shelby GT-350 mustangs rented by Hertz, we'll hold on are you ready?????? Come September Hertz will again rent brand new Shelby GT-350s to commemorate the anniversary. I'm already getting mine lined up. Look out. Very Happy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

No I didn't buy the truck. My only intention from the start was to check out the new technology,that's it.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

So give me your impressions on the new Taco. I had a '96 from new and recently lost it. I want another, but the newer ones are so large, inside & out. How about the newest one? Could you ,say, reach over and open the passenger side door with your seat belt on?
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

I have a 2016 Tacoma. It feels bigger than the gen 2 Tacoma inside and out. I dont think I could reach across to open the pax door...but i dont have to, there is this little button on the driver side door that unlocks it Smile
The automatic trans takes some time to get used to. Trans and the price are my biggest whines about it.

Edit: I just went to lunch and with seat belt latched I CAN open the pax door. Very Happy I measured the front of my 98 4Runner and its 55" door to door, the Tacoma is closer to 60" but the seat belts are more "forgiving".
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Last edited by c21darrel on Fri May 06, 2016 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

c21darrel wrote:
I have a 2016 Tacoma. It feels bigger than the gen 2 Tacoma inside and out. I dont think I could reach across to open the pax door...

That's what I was afraid of. All these years in a VW, and I'm just so used to a cozy little interior. Just like the old Toyota 4x4s. Little back window, tin can kinda feel, ya know.... cozy.
I'll just have to wait for the right 1st Gen. Tacoma 4 cyl 5 sp 4x4 extra cab cream puff to come along.
*sigh*
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

I just bought a nice and clean 2002 Tundra access cab 4x4 and I really like it. They can be a bit of a "heavy drinker", but if you can stay off the gas pedal they can do alright.

On Bring a Trailer I saw a nice 1967 Volvo 122S station wagon the other day for about $10K. I always wanted one of those.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
So give me your impressions on the new Taco. I had a '96 from new and recently lost it. I want another, but the newer ones are so large, inside & out. How about the newest one? Could you ,say, reach over and open the passenger side door with your seat belt on?

I like the new truck but they just keep getting bigger. I started with an 86 model then a 99 followed by a 2000 prerunner. Currently we have an 06 X runner and an 06 prerunner as pictured. I'll continue to drive the 06s cause I sure don't want to drop 35 to 40 grand on a new one. I can wait. Very Happy I did like the 2016 and I liked all the technology.

iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

2weel wrote:
Been wanting a 1936 Ford Truck for some time. Spotted this one the other day.

SO I BOUGHT IT! I am so STOKED! My first Flat Head!

DAMN------I sure hope I look that good when I'm 80 years old.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:

I like the new truck but they just keep getting bigger. I started with an 86 model then a 99 followed by a 2000 prerunner. Currently we have an 06 X runner and an 06 prerunner as pictured.

Sounds familiar. 1st was an '86, then the '96, the Ol' Lady drives an '07 Double Cab, and now I've got a '94 to tide me over until I find the right one. The "Toyota tax" is well deserved, and I have no problem paying it.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Non-VW cars that you want? Reply with quote

Hop on over to Toyota world forums several people talking about vibration problems. I never buy first year of a new model.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: