Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tobacco dippers/chewers
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixtythree_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Tobacco dippers/chewers Reply with quote

How long have you done it, what do you dip/chew, and have you tried to quit before? I'm' 28 now and I've been dipping Copenhagen since I was 14 and heavily when I was 18. I've tried quitting many times but have been non-successful in all my attempts. There is a difference this time: I'm ready to give it up. I've weaned myself off of it and have gone longer and longer w/o a dip. I can't seem to muster up the courage to go all day w/o one, but as days go on I'm going longer and longer w/o a chew. Post up!
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't give up trying to quit, you'll get there. http://www.quittobacco.com/facts/effects.htm
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:
Don't give up trying to quit, you'll get there. http://www.quittobacco.com/facts/effects.htm

Yup... I bet tongue cancer is not fun.

Do it now and get on with your life.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my grandpa dipped about the age you started

he died from mouth cancer when my mom was 6 years old. He had no lower lip for the last two years of his life because it had to be removed. his teeth could be seen with his mouth closed because his lower lip was completely gone!!

time to quit man, you can do it!
Russ Wolfe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoked 2 packs a day of Pall Mall unfiltered for 45 years.

I decided one day, that I needed to quit.
I have never looked back.

Gary: OK. Ima poop.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sixtythree_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Wolfe wrote:

Damn, dude, you're hardcore lol. I worked w/ a crusty old drill sergeant who smoked unfiltered camels. I asked him for a smoke (at that time i smoked on occasion) and he asked, "want to grow some hair on your testicles there yougin'?" LOL his name was Lyle and he was the coolest dude ever
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixtythree_bug wrote:
Russ Wolfe wrote:

Damn, dude, you're hardcore lol. I worked w/ a crusty old drill sergeant who smoked unfiltered camels. I asked him for a smoke (at that time i smoked on occasion) and he asked, "want to grow some hair on your testicles there yougin'?" LOL his name was Lyle and he was the coolest dude ever

My Dad smoked three packs of Luckystrike then switched to Pall Mall for 50 years. Lung cancer put an end to that habit at 67 years old.
sixtythree_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69 Jim wrote:
sixtythree_bug wrote:
Russ Wolfe wrote:

My Dad smoked three packs of Luckystrike then switched to Pall Mall for 50 years. Lung cancer put an end to that habit at 67 years old.

I'm sorry to hear about that. That could not have been easy to go through and watch a family member go through that.
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixtythree_bug wrote:
69 Jim wrote:
sixtythree_bug wrote:
Russ Wolfe wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about that. That could not have been easy to go through and watch a family member go through that.

Thank you. I smoked for a few years also. Do yourself a huge favor and just toss that crap away. I did, Russ did and so have many others in here. The day I decided to be kind to myself, was one of the best days of my life. Cool
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stop bieng a little bitch and just quit. you said that you want to so just damn do it.

you cant tell me that some lump of damn dirt in your mouth has the power of you?
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thanatos
Samba Psychopomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoke, and I use smokeless tobacco as well. I've been doing it for over 40 years now, but have decreased tobacco use greatly as well as switching from unfiltered cigarettes to a pipe, and from dip to snus. I've only smoked my pipe twice today and haven't put any snus in my mouth since yesterday afternoon.

OG
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sixtythree_bug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
just stop bieng a little bitch and just quit. you said that you want to so just damn do it.

you cant tell me that some lump of damn dirt in your mouth has the power of you?

lol
Vanhag
Samba Mortician

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who quit tobacco are bad for my business.

Keep on using, every dip makes a mortician smile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Derek Cobb
Annoying

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was holding my 59 year old fathers hand when he died of lung cancer. He basically drowned in his own phlem over a three week stay in the hospital. Five years later I watched my Father-in-law die the exact same way. If you have anyone you love in your life, please don't force them to watch you die this way.
Stop smoking, stop dipping. Cancer is a brutal, cruel, disgusting way to die, and it's a horrible thing to drag your loved ones through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rowroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cobb wrote:
I was holding my 59 year old fathers hand when he died of lung cancer. He basically drowned in his own phlem over a three week stay in the hospital. Five years later I watched my Father-in-law die the exact same way. If you have anyone you love in your life, please don't force them to watch you die this way.
Stop smoking, stop dipping. Cancer is a brutal, cruel, disgusting way to die, and it's a horrible thing to drag your loved ones through.

Ouch . . . that's tough.
mbugz60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started smoking when I was 14 because it was the cool thing to do. I quit when I was 35, I am 48 now. If you really want to quit tobacco, you can.
Eaallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had only smoked for 10 years when I decided to quit.

Cold turkey was the the way I finally did it. I was just ready to be done. None of that "weening" myself off of it by reducing day to day. Slowing down is not quitting.

Just quit, and remove yourself from the situations where you are most likley to do it. At least for a little while anyway. I switched to Mt. Dew. I gained about 10 lbs. Whatever, i'll take that over the cigs anway. lol

You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; Jealousy you have to earn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eaallred wrote:

Cold turkey was the the way I finally did it. I was just ready to be done. None of that "weening" myself off of it by reducing day to day. Slowing down is not quitting.

Just quit, and remove yourself from the situations where you are most likley to do it. At least for a little while anyway. I switched to Mt. Dew. I gained about 10 lbs. Whatever, i'll take that over the cigs anway. lol
So rather than die from tobacco you'd rather develop diabetes?
69 Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
Eaallred wrote:

So rather than die from tobacco you'd rather develop diabetes?

My thoughts exactly.
barrysmith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoked 2-3 packs of Camel filters a day from age 21 to 47,"quit" several times,once for a year.Started a 3 stage patch program 8 years ago and never got to stage 2,just put em down one night and never picked up another smoke. I have been tempted maybe 3 or 4 times in those 8 years but I sure as hell don't want to start again.My dad quit in 1964 and to this day still has dreams about smoking.Just had an otherwise healthy and vibrant cousin a couple years older than me die of lung cancer from smoking........he was ok till one day he got sick and they found that he was eaten up with that shit and he was dead in 2 months.Cigarettes stink .........let em go Brother.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: