Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Let's Play, WTF is That!?!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Am I the only one concerned that aliens with a good universal translator have seized Mark Tuckers body?
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Am I the only one concerned that aliens with a good universal translator have seized Mark Tuckers body?

That made me go LOL out loud. Laughing
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

could it be that AI chatbot is 'learning' from tucker's posts.... Laughing

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
Abscate wrote:

you laughed out loud out loud?
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Is that allowed?
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Is that allowed?

That is loud!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
iowegian wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Is that allowed?

Link

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
doug bugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

mark tucker wrote:
doug bugg wrote:
mark tucker wrote:
doug bugg wrote:
oprn wrote:
Was it the Holden that had a Chrysler slant 6?

Holden was GM. Chrysler Australia was it's own deal. They had some pretty cool variations, many of them based on the Valiant. There were a few different versions of a SIX CYLINDER HEMI. Pretty cool.
the slant 6 hemi wasent a hemi. it was however a 98% better head that what we got hear. it was basicly a 340 cylinder head with 2 extra cylinders. witch was sorta close to a hemi, but still a wedge. there is a company down under than makes lots of slant six performance parts , I think but not positive that they also made a performance head for it.
as for the holden that had the slant 6 it was probably the camarow variant they somebody wanted to make faster.

I never claimed that the Leaning Tower of Power was a Hemi. I just remarked that MoPar had six cylinder Hemis down under, but they were NOT slant sixes.
yes they were slant 6's. with different heads& intake & exhaust. probably different camshafts too, but still they were not true hemis. the hemi part of those was the hemi sticker that they got. the chambers in the heads are closer to hemi that "wedge" but in the 340 it was called a wedge...DCPD had many different head types even semihemi... also the 426 hemi isant considered a true hemi like the old style hemis were. the 426 had the chambers tilted about 10-12 degrees to narrow the engine some and make it easyer to put in the vehicles. there were also almost as many industrial & marine hemis as there were cars....and the industrial stuff was better. go figure

First you say it wasn't, then you say it was.

The Hemi sixes were NOT slants. But, whatever.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

According to wiki, there were some high HP Hemi 6’s down under.
Also, according to Road Kill, Jeep used to have a overhead cam straight six.
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

yup they were slants. but what diff does it make.? you can take a std 6 and slant it over. Or a slant six and shim it up straight. so...why Arnt the 4 cylinders in most cars now days slant 4's?? there slanted!!! it makes no difference and not worthy of an argument. so, i will concede that they are in fact 6-cylinder engines, in an inline configuration. a v6 would just be 2 slant 3 cylinder's operating off one crankenshafting thingy. some have 1 camshaft some have 2...some have 4.
doug bugg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Show me a pic of a "semi Hemi" with the slant and I'll shut up. I only see pics with the inline six, no slants.
Vanhag
Samba Mortician

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

doug bugg wrote:
Show me a pic of a "semi Hemi" with the slant and I'll shut up...

Those type of pics are not allowed on this website. More of a tinder thing I hear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

mukluk wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
mukluk wrote:
crukab wrote:
finster wrote:
that's the starter for ten but bonus points for the other rusty hulk behind the hedge level with the cab?

It looks like some sort of coup, way grown over, I could barely see it standing 15 feet away.

My best guess is about a '33 Pontiac Coupe.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing it is another Studebaker Rockne like I found a few years back.

I think crukab needs to go back and get a closer picture. Laughing

Ok, so I did go back, it is just the cab area, hard to get pics w/ something VW in it to post here, plus it's way overgrown w/vegetation.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

A quick search for the dashboard of my previous guess, a 1934 Dodge Brothers Truck.

EDIT: A little more digging reveals that it could be a 33 also, with a change to round gauges sometime in 34.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Your quick research was quicker than mine and yes 34 dodge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

The sedan and convertible in left foreground, per RUNKLE's photo yesterday in the Oval-window Beetle vintage photos thread. I don't think they are a French brand; likely British? Finster probably knows it right away...
Oljefläck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Hillman Minx California
http://www.garaget.org/?car=234141
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

^ I agree, a pair of hillman minx mkVI or mkVII in convertible and californian pillarless hardtop (designed by raymond loewy) style from 53 - 56. aimed at the american and export markets, american reviews were 'lukewarm' Laughing

location is nytorv, copenhagen circa 1954

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...

Last edited by finster on Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

Thanks Olje and finster; I was not aware of that model. I searched 'net yesterday for "images of 1950s British convertibles" and this Hillman was not shown.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Play, WTF is That!?! Reply with quote

My Father said someone had a Hilman in high school. He said a bunch of guys picked it up and put it on the front steps to the school.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 407, 408, 409, 410  Next
Jump to:
Page 408 of 410

Jump to: