Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Which 911 brakes are direct bolt-on?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Which 911 brakes are direct bolt-on? Reply with quote

hello All

im being a bit confused by the world of front calipers I have been looking an DDK and pelican trying to find some answers but to no avail.

I have an early 65 912, which i belive has the same brake as an early 911, solid disc and M calipers, please correct me if im wrong,

I rebuilt them on the weekend and managed to strip a thread on the banjo when i put one of them back on was thinking of just tap'ing it out bigger and put a M12 banjo in instead of the m10 one.

But was wondering which calipers i can just bolt on the front ?

from what i have been reading i can get later M calipers and vented disc's and just bolt these up? , but A and S calipers have different bolt centres for mounting them ?

would'nt mind upgrading to vented on the front but am trying to keep my car as OG as possible while also being able to get parts at decent price's

also are the rear calipers just front beelte ones ? they look the same

Cheers

Gary
Porsche930dude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Bill Verburg on Pelican. He is the local expert and will certainly be able to answer your question. Here is some of the info he has posted: http://www.pelicanparts.com/MotorCity/wmv/brakes.htm
atomman1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers dood Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: