Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 531, 532, 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ossipon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

squaretobehip wrote:
$16K. $13K. Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2655573

*Edit* - Price was updated.

OK, so using his logic and calculations,
My 64 Notch
Notch +2000
Not 63 but a 64 +3000-1000
All together +8000
All glass in place +1000
Engine in and Running +3000
Interior all installed with new seat covers +3000
"Extra" Parts +1000
So mine must be worth almost $24000 Rolling Eyes
Reality check: If Braukuche's BAT Square only got what it did. So I think his is in reality about 5-6K at best
Type 1 - 59, 62, 63, 71 Super 68 KGhia/ Type 2 - 59 Single Cab / Type 3 - 64 Notch
Water
GTI 83, Jetta 81, 85, 87, 91 TDI, 98 TDI, 09 / New Beetle 99 / SportWagen 05, 13 / Tiguan 18 / T3 92
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Ossipon wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
$16K. $13K. Shocked

My 64 Notch
Notch +2000
All together +8000
All glass in place +1000
"Extra" Parts +1000
Reality check: If Braukuche's BAT Square only got what it did. So I think his is in reality about 5-6K at best

That’s Notch is a ton of work. Plus who knows ho much is missing?
As for my Square, I’m fine with the amount. The paint was really lame. Nicely painted Squares only sell on average for maybe $4k more which is the price for a decent driver level reshoot. Plus the guy who got it paid right away and drove the car without a hitch home to Phoenix from San Diego the next day.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
type3nut64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Ossipon wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
$16K. $13K. Shocked

My 64 Notch
Notch +2000
All together +8000
All glass in place +1000
"Extra" Parts +1000

As for my Square, I’m fine with the amount. The paint was really lame. Nicely painted Squares only sell on average for maybe $4k more which is the price for a decent driver level reshoot. Plus the guy who got it paid right away and drove the car without a hitch home to Phoenix from San Diego the next day.

I thought that was good deal on your square. glad the new owner is stoked on it.
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Ossipon wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
$16K. $13K. Shocked

My 64 Notch
Notch +2000
All together +8000
All glass in place +1000
"Extra" Parts +1000

That's the problem with the early, early cars. The parts that are missing are very hard to find. Things like the pop out window latches that are attached to the window frame are hard to find(this car has the later style w/hole in the glass). The 1500 club can probably dissect this car easier than most of us long time type 3 owners.
That said, shouldn't a 62 have the large cast iron distributor? That'll be one of those hard to find items. I didn't see any trace of the floor mats either.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
Ossipon wrote:
squaretobehip wrote:
$16K. $13K. Shocked

My 64 Notch
Notch +2000
All together +8000
All glass in place +1000
"Extra" Parts +1000

That's the problem with the early, early cars. The parts that are missing are very hard to find. Things like the pop out window latches that are attached to the window frame are hard to find(this car has the later style w/hole in the glass). The 1500 club can probably dissect this car easier than most of us long time type 3 owners.
That said, shouldn't a 62 have the large cast iron distributor? That'll be one of those hard to find items. I didn't see any trace of the floor mats either.

To easy and its low hanging fruit. Nobody with the parts would restore that car. Its a blown out pile waiting to be restored into a Rat Rod or Resto Rod. Never a stock one again. An interior alone IF you could find everything would cost in the 8-10k range. Even IF you could have the chance to buy everything to restore it right, spend the serious coin needed - at the end of that you still just have a notch. One of the most common Type 3s out there. That said, it will make a nice base for another aftermarket special.
Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I really want one, but this is beyond crack pricing. Cute dogs do not make the price go up Laughing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/san-quentin-1969-modified-volkswagen/7696886397.html

$28K

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

August, 2023 - $30K
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2602200

Today - $45K (different seller)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2664677
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

I bet the Pedro Rack on it is worth a small fortune, as you don't see that style very often. It's a shame he doesn't have either the roof rack or the trunk rack too (to complete the set).
What kind of sun roof is that? I realize it's a cloth slider, but the ad doesn't mention what brand it is.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

What's up with the seat backs? Looks like the stop was removed from the base to gain that extra gangster lean. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
What's up with the seat backs? Looks like the stop was removed from the base to gain that extra gangster lean. Rolling Eyes Laughing

IDK, maybe the knob was twisted to get as much lean back as possible for someone tall? I know my son and you have that problem being big guys you need all the leg room you can get. And leaning the seat back as much as you can, helps get that extra inch or so you need. It's one of the reasons he put a tilt column in his car, so he could get his legs under the steering wheel.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
notchboy wrote:

IDK, maybe the knob was twisted to get as much lean back as possible for someone tall? I know my son and you have that problem being big guys you need all the leg room you can get. And leaning the seat back as much as you can, helps get that extra inch or so you need. It's one of the reasons he put a tilt column in his car, so he could get his legs under the steering wheel.

Jesus Bob, how big is your kid! I'm the better part of 6 foot 5 inches and 330 pounds. I still fit. Laughing

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Jason37
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Jesus Bob, how big is your kid! I'm the better part of 6 foot 5 inches and 330 pounds. I still fit. Laughing

Do ride on top of the car or just carry it and put it in your pocket when you get to your destination?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
Bobnotch wrote:
notchboy wrote:

He's 6'2" or 3 inches. Don't know what he weighs. Once he's in the car he fits just fine. It's mainly just getting his legs under the steering wheel. I know when he borrows my Geo, he slides the seat back as far as it'll go to get some leg room (almost touching the rear seat). I think he's removed the tab on the seat runner so his seats will go back further on his type 3 Roadster.
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

the price is out there but man, what a beauty.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2666891

How do you price it though? What would it do at auction? It's just a parts car after all Laughing

I'm in love

Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Saw that Fasty. All original? Hard to put a price on something you can’t replace.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Its super clean, but unfinished. And I would only nit pic due to the boasting and price. You want to boast 1 out of 5 then put in a spare, make sure the trunk is trimmed with original looking repop and put the door checks in for the seat back control. Who knows what "original" state the motor is in and or the dressing of the rear trunk.

Trivial to most, but at a 37k price point and "original" status, fill in the details please.

So close to "as perfect as it gets" but not there.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
curtw_944
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Someone please buy this in Colorado. Looks to be a good set of bones for a project at a fair price point.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3366732136952220/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Ask seller for more pictures, he has some. I would buy the car but need to put money in my Ghia.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

Anyone in the Riverside/LA/Orange County know anything about this one?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2643273

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Side observation: It looks like the window washer tank pressure is embossed into the front cross member. Since Squarebacks had higher pressure specs, does that mean that cross member is model-specific?
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Mr Notchboy. please illustrate me, what is special about this car?. i see many wrongs.

Martin
allwagons

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 531, 532, 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Page 532 of 535

Jump to: