Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pass6916
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Mad As heck Reply with quote

PM me if anyone wants to go after him. With the money he has been paid by us and the amount of work he has done I am sure he can be put in jail for Grand Larceny. And it can't happen any too soon for me. 20+ calls made with no returns from this piece of ....... A coward and a thief. I would love to let his family and friends know what he has become.
Tee Dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's vw restoration Reply with quote

pass6916 wrote:
So, right after my original post I get a call from Brim to pick my car up this last Sunday. I stopped by on my way to Maine on Sat. to check the "progress" of his work. No one was there! Garage door open with my car there, chrome taped off, several areas spot sanded interior a mess, Mcd's ketchcup in the glovebox and an xtra 4500 miles more than when I dropped the car off to him. Mad does not describe the way I feel...... I called him and told him to get my car done, he said he'll be there at 9AM Sunday with the car ready. I waited 20 minutes and walked in to see him, the door was unlocked. He was a NO SHOW and absolutely nothing had been touched on my car. It is in worse shape now, then when he took it to make it right last July. He is a crook, liar, scam artist, and several other things I am sure they won't let me post on here. Talking to a lawyer now. He needs a good beat down. Beginning to think maybe he got one when he was laid up. Maybe some gambling debts?

Soooo...... did you take your car home ?

Last edited by Tee Dub on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pass6916
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: drama aside Reply with quote

No, I didn't take it home. No back seat, no battery, no hubcaps, an absolute filthy mess. After ten years and a ton of money what I wrote isn't "Drama" It's called anger and frustration.
herbyderby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: Brim's Restitution Reply with quote

Having previously spoken with Brim and a number of his clients, I've come to conclude that he is not a "slick hustling conman" as some believe but only a dumb simpleton trying to make ends meet. He is definitely not very bright and has some kind of developmental disability.
That being said, I suggest you patiently try to get as many of the cars and parts returned to the rightful owners before filing suit or else many people will lose both cars and capital all together. "You can't pull hair from a toad" and as far as I can tell, the guy has no assets aside from a few tools.

P.S. I for one have been very impressed with the work of Brims that I've seen at the shows, so there is SOME great work leaving the shop. I was considering using him for a resto but after reading all these horror stories, have decided to pass.
frankraineri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see the 'progress' on my ghia after @8 mos. and there was brim working on my car. It looked the same as it did 8 months ago. but he did put the dash pad. vw logo, wheels and tires that I learned were not mine, and I would'ent get.. Where are MY wheels that I gave??The car was just polished up.put some shit on it. and then he asks for $1000
the doors were not painted with the car 1 year ago. this is a desaster. and its going to end.. Im going to get the car in boxes. I did not want to do it this way. but I have no choice. I'm calling the police to assist in collecting the parts that were my beloved ghia. If I get ALL the parts.. Ill play nice.. If not My lawyer and I will destroy him.
I gave him many chances. I paid. I listened to his shit. I trusted him. and he fucked me..
now its time for ME to do the FUCKING!!!
BRIM
BRIM
BRIM
GET MY SHIT TOGETHER..
I'M COMING TO GET IT..
IT ALL WILL BE THERE.
The police will make sure.. I have pictures. I have EVERY reciept for every nut and bolt that was on that car when I gave it to you. Get it together.
I want it. DON'T SELL IT!!!
this is NOT going to be good for you..
you better pull a car outta your ass. Im coming with horns on. IM SOOO PISSED..
VWig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am another in the crowd of people being given the runaround. The latest is that he claims he is about to be evicted. May not be surprising if he is treating his landlord like he treats his customers.

One problem is that at the moment I am nowhere near NH to check up on his work, or even if my car is still there. Can one of the other customers in the area do me a favor and check up on it for me?
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: vws Reply with quote

rust wrote:
I think this needs to be said about Brims Restoration! I have had many cars restored at this shop! All of them have been first place cars at large car shows! I have 50 trophies to prove this! Best engine trophy,best paint trophy,and best of show trophy! I feel that the people need to know if you want the best quality in restoration work,you have to be willing to pay the price! Some of the things I read about Brims on Thesamba ,sounds like other shops trying to steel business? I just cant believe more people wont stand up for Brims? I ve seen many other cars at car shows that have been restored at Brims,that have won first and second place trophies! Anyway,do not worry ,he is the best at vw restoration and I have 50 trophies to prove it!

Moderator note:
The above member has been banned after discovering this person is Brim.

His registration email is:
[email protected]
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwahahahaha!
Skillz nailed it!

Popcorn

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: vws Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

Moderator note:
The above member has been banned after discovering this person is Brim.

His registration email is:
[email protected]

there's a surprise Rolling Eyes what a douche...

I can understand life happens, and stuff crops up that you can't control, but to lie to folks who trust that you have their best interest at heart is criminal.

and not to sound like an absolute heartless dick, but this is what happens when you price shop and go to a back yard guy. from what I am told, he has zero paperwork as a legit business. no insurance, no state/federal paperwork for spray equipment...nothing.

I think glenn ring said it best...cheapest isn't least expensive. you guys need to take him to the cleaners, just like he did to you. if this was inskip bmw, valenti vw, Hoffman audi 90% of you would have filed a report. what makes him different? a thief is a thief.

this is a lot like a story about grillo's vw in Norwich. you'd drop your car off, go back to check on it and they would say "what car?" needless to say, they are long, long gone too....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
VWig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: vws Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
and not to sound like an absolute heartless dick, but this is what happens when you price shop and go to a back yard guy. from what I am told, he has zero paperwork as a legit business. no insurance, no state/federal paperwork for spray equipment...nothing.

Dear Skills,

Sorry, but you really are jumping to unjustified conclusions. It was quite a while ago that I gave my project to Brim, and let me assure you I tried my best to research where was a place that did good work. As far as I remember there had been one nearer where I live, but this had closed. In the meantime several sources said that Brim was THE guy in the Northeast to go to. And his quote sure as hell did not look cheap!

When I dropped it off, he met me in one beautiful looking classic bug, and at his workshop was one that was modded but also looked beautiful. I remember being excited by the idea that mine would someday look like that. Little did I know...

Anyway, whatever was true in the past, now is a disaster. If the people who still have projects there could message each other, maybe we can mount a joint rescue program. And if anyone knows anyone who is not on Samba in the same situation, get them in contact with me.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good. next time go to an unlicensed doctor or a unlicensed dentist and see what that gets you.

if the guy can't afford a legit business with all the insurance etc I would pass, no matter "how close" he was to me.

it's one thing to have a legit biz, do a quick job on the side for cash to buy beer and pizza for the crew, but to play shuck and jive with everyone...give me a break

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
2002EVC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Cyclone Pinball machine from the 80's:

"You pays your money, you takes your chances....." I wore that machine out at the local pizza joint between games of Gauntlet.

Go get your car, parts, etc before they end up like old WWF wrestlers in "parts unknown".

Good luck to all.
VWig
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, skills, don't jump to conclusions. I said the close place had been recommended, so I started asking around where a good place to go was. When I said that he was described as THE guy to go with, I don't mean THE CLOSEST or THE CHEAPEST. I mean he was described as one of THE BEST. That he might have been unlicensed or uninsured was in no way obvious. I have even found mails I exchanged with people at the Bay State VW Owners Club where I was asking for recommendations and Brim was the name that kept coming up. I think his website was, in those days, linked to on their website.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. For your dentist story, say you needed dental work and so asked around. People tell you that there was a good guy in town, but he has retired. However they say there is this really good dentist five towns away. So you go there and see a few customers coming out with good looking teeth. Do you ask the guy if you can see his dental degree /certification / insurance documents? Probably not....

Anyway, as I said, lets see if the affected people can sort this mess out...
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the crappy pic

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

but, 99% state laws make it mandatory to post this stuff. that funny blue piece of paper cost me a lot of $$$ per year.

usually, the dr's office is littered with awards/degrees. no need to ask

good luck to all involved parties. I would pull my project now before it gets locked up in legal purgatory...

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
BugiWagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

From reading the recent posts it is clear that this situation has continued to deteriorate and Brimm continues to deceive and steal.

I have thought long and hard about what to do-I was inclined to walk away-who needs this nonsense in their life? But then it occurred to me: Brimm's behavior cannot be allowed to continue. I cannot control how others behave, but I can maintain my own integrity and not turn a blind eye to his scam. It is because of this integrity that I am seeking to formally prosecute Brimm.

Let me be clear: I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. You need thick skin and a wallet to embark on a legal endeavor such as this, and I have both. That being said, for all of those that have been conned by Brimm's criminal ways, please contact me. I need everybody to come forward so that together we can present this to a court of law. My chances of successfully prosecuting Brimm increase dramatically with each individual who comes forward. Together we will be able to present to a Judge an accurate picture of his deliberate intent to steal and commit fraud. I have set up and email for this purpose. Please contact me at [email protected] so we can put Brimm where he belongs- prison.
mainexile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Brim's VW Restoration a.k.a. thievery Reply with quote

All, as another of Brim's victims, I strongly advise that you DO NOT initiate any business with this despicable person. I called him about 1.5 - 2 months ago to ask if he rebuilds VW transmissions. He said that he doesn't, but he has a subcontractor who could do the job for $850.00. I explained that I could get one from Rancho, MOFOCO, or another reputable shop, with a warranty, for that price or less. The matter was dropped.

Then, last Tuesday (the eighth) I received a call from Brim telling me that he was in Connecticut buying parts for some of his projects, and the seller had a "beautiful" Rancho for $650.00. Unfortunately, he said that he didn't have the cash to front the cost, and would I be willing to wire the money to him in CT whereupon he would bring the tranny back to his shop in Somersworth, NH (30 miles from where I live). After some internal debate, I agreed to wire the money to him and meet him the next day to pick up the tranny.

He called early the next morning to say that he ended up having to stay overnight in CT, and he asked if we could meet on Thursday at lunch. I agreed. However, Thursday morning he called to say that he had to go to Boston to take care of some "personal business", and could we meet on Friday instead. I explained that I couldn't meet on Friday and asked if we could conclude our business on Monday, to which he agreed. As you can imagine, he called early Monday morning to say that he was, again, going to Boston, and he asked to meet on Tuesday. Tuesday morning, he called to say that he would not be at his "shop" that day. So yesterday (Wednesday), I went to his shop and found it locked up. One of his neighbors told me that Brim hadn't been there "in a while" and that the power to his shop had been turned off.

I then went from his shop to the Somersworth police station to file a complaint. The office who took my statement said that his department was "very familiar" with Brim Bell and his con games. The officer allowed that he personally had taken a statement from another victim who had been conned by Brim for "many thousands of dollars".

I should add that when I arrived at Brim's shop, there were two shells on stands in the yard - one was a partially painted (yellow) Karman Ghia and the other was a (?) 60's gray/dark silver/blue beetle that was completely gutted with junk parts jammed inside. If either of these vehicles belong to you, you have my sympathy. As for what may be inside the shop, I couldn't tell because all of the windows were blacked out from the interior.

Finally, I received a call this morning from the thief asking for another week to get me my transmission. I told Mr. Brim Bell what I thought of him, and I advised him to NEVER return to New Hampshire. In fact, I suggested that he do the world a favor by taking himself out. He pleaded, "Let me explain what happened". To which I replied that I didn't want to hear any more of his lies. Brim is obviously a liar, thief, con man and a cretin who may actually believe his fabricated stories. I can't imagine how he sleeps at night. I concluded that I wasn't going to get mad (which I was), but I would certainly get even.

So if any of my fellow victims need someone to go to his shop and take pictures, I would be happy to assist. PM me with your contact info, and I'll call you. In retrospect, I wish I had searched this forum before I got involved with him, but I guess this is my $650.00 lesson - far less expense than most of you. Good luck, my fellow victims. Steve

1974 Super Beetle Convertible, 1600 DP.
2016 Honda Accord Coupe (wife's)
2006 GMC Canyon Crew Cab (mine)
1978 Grady White Pacer 174 Mercruiser 470
echobug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

Brim recently delivered my fully restored and sparkling white 1979 Bug convertible. I am very pleased with the outcome, as was my 10 year-old daughter who will inherit this car when she can drive.

There were aspects to the transaction that were unsettling - large advances, delays that were difficult to understand, and lapses in attention to the project. Although the cost exceeded the original agreement, the extra work that Brim put into this car was well worth the additional cost. I contracted with him for a paint job and a new top, and received a restored car with a totally new interior.

I learned that it is important to approach Brim as an artist - which he is. His ability to weld and hand-craft is amazing. However, he will work at his own pace, and it is important that new customers realize that before going in. He has a tendency to be too optimistic with his delivery dates.

Therefore, if you want an extraordinary product and are willing wait, even beyond updated but late delivery dates, absorb some additional cost along the way and tolerate some lapses in progress on the car, it is well worth it.
Brim's style may drive you crazy, but it is all about the deliverable in the end.In my case, he delivered a perfect product about 14 months after the beginning, and it was all that he said that it would be. I am considering another project for Brim at this time.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

If there is any justice in this country he will be in jail by the time you line up another project with him, provided you are NOT him. Count your blessings that you got your car back and enjoy it.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

echobug wrote:
Brim recently delivered my fully restored and sparkling white 1979 Bug convertible. I am very pleased with the outcome, as was my 10 year-old daughter who will inherit this car when she can drive.

There were aspects to the transaction that were unsettling - large advances, delays that were difficult to understand, and lapses in attention to the project. Although the cost exceeded the original agreement, the extra work that Brim put into this car was well worth the additional cost. I contracted with him for a paint job and a new top, and received a restored car with a totally new interior.

I learned that it is important to approach Brim as an artist - which he is. His ability to weld and hand-craft is amazing. However, he will work at his own pace, and it is important that new customers realize that before going in. He has a tendency to be too optimistic with his delivery dates.

Therefore, if you want an extraordinary product and are willing wait, even beyond updated but late delivery dates, absorb some additional cost along the way and tolerate some lapses in progress on the car, it is well worth it.
Brim's style may drive you crazy, but it is all about the deliverable in the end.In my case, he delivered a perfect product about 14 months after the beginning, and it was all that he said that it would be. I am considering another project for Brim at this time.

How about a picture of this perfect vehicle?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire Reply with quote

joined today....I smell a rat.

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: