Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

-found a vile full of coke (yup) in a bug

-found antique condoms in a bus

-found wallet full of money in a westy (no ID)

-nearly every car I buy, I find a rebate (change) in the ashtray Laughing

-one of my favorite scores though was under the seat in a rotted out westy.
found a mint condition westy tent in it's bag, poles and all, rubber rings immaculate...
daisy71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

Ive found used needles in both my bugs in the crevice of no return under the hood, also a yo-yo
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

oh, and then there was the car from AZ that came with a bunch of tiny scorpion carcasses Shocked
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

My Dad's 63 Sunroof Bug was off the road for 17 years and was MIA for 9 years (a family friend had it to work on it and then moved and we didn't know where). Long story short, when I finally went to get the car I found in the glove box the original vinyl dealer packet with owners manual and all of the paperwork where my Dad bought the car on April 9, 1966, bill of sale, loan documents, insurance documents, and inspection receipts back to 1972. Also found in the trunk the original jack and tool roll with most of the original tools.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

I bought my 62 Bug off eBay. When I cleaned it out I found a business check book for a business named "Chocolate Tours" out of Alexandria, Virginia. I also found an old wooden Louisville Slugger baseball bat that looked like it had been beating rocks and had the word "PIMP" written on it with black marker in big bubble letters and then had names written all over it in ink (like names of people he beat with it like teachers used to do paddles back in school). I still have the bat, I keep it in the garage. I also found an old employer name badge (courier company) of the PO with his name and picture...and he did look like a pimp. I still have it somewhere.
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

About 25 years ago before type2 prices went nuts you could still find them in salvage yards. I'm poking through an old camper open rear hatch look in cabinet and there's a cat with kittens. I closed it back and went on my way.
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

Found a OG ignition key taped to one of the heater ducts under the car in a 68 Beetle.

Found a 67 Beetle, one of the guys selling it told me it made this wierd buzzing noise when turning left.
When taking it for a test drive I heard the noise. Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to take a gander.
Found a big ol Dildo with a bunch of pubes stuck on it under the rear seat vibrating. Shocked
Which explained the odd smell of buttsex when I first got in the car.
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

smokey503 wrote:
Found a OG ignition key taped to one of the heater ducts under the car in a 68 Beetle.

Found a 67 Beetle, one of the guys selling it told me it made this wierd buzzing noise when turning left.
When taking it for a test drive I heard the noise. Curiosity got the best of me so I decided to take a gander.
Found a big ol Dildo with a bunch of pubes stuck on it under the rear seat vibrating. Shocked
Which explained the odd smell of buttsex when I first got in the car.

I would just like to have seen the look on your face when you found it. Laughing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

What does that smell like? And why do you recognize this?
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

Quote:
I would just like to have seen the look on your face when you found it. Laughing

I was really happy when I found the key. Laughing
Dildo, not so much. Exclamation
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:

It was awful.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

smokey503 wrote:
Zundfolge1432 wrote:

It was awful.

From the movie fight club, whenever we find a dildo in lost baggage we refer to as a dildo not your dildo.
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

Found today while tearing down my project car...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now I know why I kept finding Acorn shells....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wiscokid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

My first beetle, a 68 auto stick gave up half a sheet of acid with steamboat willy whistling away as the print. It gave a lot of fun times that summer, that was back when I was 17 and I'm 41 now. My 70 westy had a matchbook cover from a restaurant in bc Canada. The PO had driven that bus all over the u.s. and Canada before I acquired it. My most recent bus came with a California map and an Arizona map as well as various nos parts still in the box. I really miss the 68 beetle though, it was my first VW and the memories made in that will stay with me until the end.
FeelthySanchez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

8" tall C. sativa growing between the tunnel & passenger seat.
I noted this immediately after loaning the car to a friend for 2 weeks.
The window scrapers/doors leaked badly, & of course it had been raining.
Heavily.
Enough clue..Whats that mean?
OldIronSpine wrote:
I'm not sure how compression works.
Turbos don't produce torque, they produce HP. Instead of torque.
The real problem with NA engines is you don't hear the nice whine of the turbo as it spools up.
Before I commit, I'm going to do more research because I don't really know what piston rings are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

what I have found is..when my wife used my bug I find it's got broken stuff when I get in it Shocked how does she break the dam door handle??why did she break the door handle?? fan relay dead.....blinkers out of fluid....( bad connection at bulb, but worked when she got in) Im not like the rest of you guys, I dont like working on my car...build it right and forget about it and have fun.
kaalualu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

82 diesel tin top, coughed up a roach clip, a harmonica and a chickens foot!! All very practical actually, except.....
ajplmama
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

I'm new here and new to VWs. We're dismantling a '78 type 2 and the water cooler has a little cut out door in the back so when removed you can open and hide all sorts of stuff. It was empty though.
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

Going through the cabinets in my Riviera I found unrecognizable pills that were sealed with plastic Shocked
Braes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Ever find something unusual in your VW? I found a key... Reply with quote

I found a bullet in mine, don't know if it was fired at the bug or not Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Jump to:
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: