Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
And yes, 6 months does sound a long time, but I've had something similar with a very early Mk1 Golf Cabrio. Who knows what went on at the time?

Your Golf was delivered to the dealer 6 months before it was manufactured? Hard to believe!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

finster wrote:
there's a 52 crotch cooler cabrio for sale on a facebook group and the birth cert is baffling...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

what about the possibility that "delivery date" is when it left VW for Karmann, and then "manufacture date" when it finally left Karmann? Is there any documentation on how the convertible production coincided with the 6 month zwitter production? I would expect that convertibles lagged behind, though I agree 6 months sounds like a long time.
type4split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

^^
That is an interesting thought? They would have know it was bound for a convertible.

My doubt is, I have an early oval convertible, so I believe it was a true karmann and my BC states sequential mfg and delivery dates; may18th and may 31st. I was under impression the BC register was referencing leave the VW factory.

Anyone with dual glove box convertible or even zwitter ‘vert car to comment on their BC dates? My vote is still a typo, but no data to substantiate.
'50-something convertible (*need ribbed 'vert quarter panel )
'63 "milo" beetle
Part, parts and more parts
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

This one is super nice. I really like all the finite details the seller put into his ad. /s
He knows what he has. We don't!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2674898

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

to think they read that through and thought 'that clearly says all they need to know' and clicked submit. Rolling Eyes

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine/discussion about Split cars/parts for sale Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
This one is super nice. I really like all the finite details the seller put into his ad. /s
He knows what he has. We don't!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2674898

LOL nice sales pitch!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157
Jump to:
Page 157 of 157

Jump to: