Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

55 Lowlight with early bodynumber
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: 55 Lowlight with early bodynumber Reply with quote

Pics for the Forum.
Now you can see an early lowlight from 1955 and this car is in restoration know. lowlowlow-light, i love this car. that is the oldest karmann ghia type 14 i know and the bodymumber is 39. yes, your eyes are not ill and you read it really. this is number 39. please understand that the owner say to me that i never give other ghia freaks his name and phonenumber. when i get new pics i add them here. greetings from germany, udo
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit!!!!! What a beauty...and the contition!!! Thanks for posting the pics Udo!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52brezelfenster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Udo, thanks for posting those pictures. That is the sexiest ghia I've seen.
whobba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah..... talk about EARLY ghias! It looks original, too. I wonder what its story is....Sweeet. Thanks, Udo!
joe comfort
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Udo, why isn't there a sexy girl standing next to your Ghia???????????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is awesome. is 39 the body number or the karosserie number? what is the other number? when does the vin number indicate that it was produced? I would think that that low of a number could be july or so.

thanks for sharing the pictures.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
fifty8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Thats cool.
1951 Chevy Bel Air (project 'Mom's first car')
1948 Ford F-1 (project)
searching for May 7, 1969 Karmann Ghia (149 860 0??)
aerosilver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice car Shocked Keep them photos coming Udo.

Can you find me one like that Question
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi friends,
@lind: 39 is the bodynumber. and the bodynumber is the same as KAROSSERIENUMMER. Karosserienummer is the german word for bodynumber.
@ joe comfort: when my 56th ghia is ready i seek sexy girls for sexy pics Embarassed Laughing Embarassed
@aerosilver: when i find 2 55th lowlight you can get one, ok??? Surprised
pbaptist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi udo,

Wow, that is a great car. This must be the oldest KG still exsist. Does it have a german owner?

If you found three of them, can I have the third?? Very Happy

Patrick
4* Rometsch Lawrence (nr 534, 555, 558 and 561)

Karmann-Ghia Lowlight page and registry
Karmann-Ghia Collectibles database
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

udo dreisoerner wrote:
hi friends,
@lind: 39 is the bodynumber. and the bodynumber is the same as KAROSSERIENUMMER. Karosserienummer is the german word for bodynumber.

just for clarification, is the number stamped into the body by the brake fluid reservior the same as the number stamped into the karosserie plate?

what I am referring to as the body number is the one by the brake fluid reservior. I have never seen them as being the same on any ghia. usually the number stamped into the body is higher than the karosserie plate number. my old '57 was karosserie number 7222, but the body was stamped 7272. (the doors and lids were 272).

as far as I can tell, the number by the brake fluid reservior is the body match number so they could keep track of the doors and lids, while the karosserie number is the number of ghias that have been finished up to that time. (feel free to correct me if anyone has any better info on this. where is retrowagen???)

of course I would not be surprised if they are the same on a super low number car like this, but I would like to know.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Udo, Great Ghia,

I have this listed in my database as owned by Michaela (I won't give away the rest)? Is he still the owner?

From my notes, I have it listed as being the Ghia pictured on the side of the large Revell early Ghia model. Can you confirm if this is true?

It appears that most Ghias (maybe all) built in 55 had all vinyl material. There is no courderouy on the door panels or seat centers.

Looks is great condition.
technik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 39. WOW! thats amazing.
You have the Holygrail of Karmann Ghias!
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi lowlight lovers.
i send an email to the owner and hope i get all informations we need.
the owner ( an german doctor) told me that the ghia is the number 39. so i think it is true and believe him. the man who makes the bodywork call me some month ago and told me from so much original things at this car. the car is in the same family since 1955 an was bought directly from an vw-exhibition. all informations are from the owner and bodyworker, i dont have seen the car really but i hope it will be possible in future.
now i hope be receive brandnew informations and add them here for us lowlight-lovers-
greets, udo
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffL wrote:
Udo, Great Ghia,

I have this listed in my database as owned by Michaela (I won't give away the rest)? Is he still the owner?

From my notes, I have it listed as being the Ghia pictured on the side of the large Revell early Ghia model. Can you confirm if this is true?

It appears that most Ghias (maybe all) built in 55 had all vinyl material. There is no courderouy on the door panels or seat centers.

Here is a picture from the Revell 07491 box. It certainly is the same Karmann Ghia used for the pictures and research. You can see the dash additional items match, the heater outlets at the front, and the gear shift lock. It looks like an optional widow wash bottle was added too. What a great find to see some fresh photos.

The model instructions are dated 1994 so the pictures on the side are at least 15 years old. The decal set has two license plate variations. One is the actual owners license plate. How's that for detail on number 39. Oh, btw the model uses the correct one piece bumpers Very Happy .

There is an Auto badge in the decal set that says "Auto Wolf". This circular badge must indicate where the car was purchased? I couldn't see if the VIN was printed on the front VIN plate in the decal set. That too would be "excessive" as far as details go.

Click on picture for a larger view.

Last edited by JeffL on Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most interesting items I believe on Ghias built in 55 are the following (some do extend into early 1956). It's almost a shame to restore such a nice original car.

Aluminum side window trim
Rear quarter window trim that is one piece C shape
The rain gutters taper into the body at the rear
Heater outlets at the front
Glove box lined with head liner material
Beetle style hood and deck lid rubber seals
Speaker grill with three rows of slots
All vinyl interior
Side mouldings have aluminum inserts at ends
One piece bumpers with guards closed on the back side
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffL wrote:
JeffL wrote:
Udo, Great Ghia,

Here is a picture from the Revell 07491 box. It certainly is the same Karmann Ghia used for the pictures and research. You can see the dash additional items match, the heater outlets at the front, and the gear shift lock. It looks like an optional widow wash bottle was added too. What a great find to see some fresh photos.

The model instructions are dated 1994 so the pictures on the side are at least 15 years old. The decal set has two license plate variations. One is the actual owners license plate. How's that for detail on number 39. Oh, btw the model uses the correct one piece bumpers Very Happy .

There is an Auto badge in the decal set that says "Auto Wolf". This circular badge must indicate where the car was purchased? I couldn't see if the VIN was printed on the front VIN plate in the decal set. That too would be "excessive" as far as details go.

Click on picture for a larger view.

I have one of those models, too. Bought it in Germany a couple years ago when I went to the KG Anniversary at Osnabruck. Found the model oddly in a little toy shop near my wife's parent's village. Its currently the only lowlight I own and its in a hundred little pieces Laughing
--Dan
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new pictures yet Udo?
KGCoupe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffL wrote:
The most interesting items I believe on Ghias built in 55 are the following (some do extend into early 1956). It's almost a shame to restore such a nice original car.

That's exactly what I was thinking - well, at least the interior anyway. If that is still the original vinyl, it is absolutely incredible.
udo dreisoerner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i dont have receive new pics. the owner dont answer my emails, sorry. i hope to get news for uns lowlight-lovers.regards, udo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: