Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Costa66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
🙄

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2655146

"Showroom condition" yet it has cal-look rubber and a rear apron that needs major attention. That's only some of the issues...

Josh
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Costa66 wrote:
jays58s wrote:
🙄

"Showroom condition" yet it has cal-look rubber and a rear apron that needs major attention. That's only some of the issues...

Josh

Wonder who's showroom he's talking about. Think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

stale air wrote:
Costa66 wrote:
jays58s wrote:
🙄

Josh

Wonder who's showroom he's talking about. Think

The showroom where Ruby is spell "Rubie" Smile

I like his color-matched floor tiles and I wonder if the red crates are spare parts for this Bug
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

His name is cool: Dietrich Boost
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Not a whine. This car has a very unique feature that I have never seen in an ACVW.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2660617
The text translated to English,
"VW Cox 1966 Driving School Price: 22000
Hello,

I am selling this 1966 beetle with the driving school option.

it has a double steering wheel, pedals, rear-view mirror. Everything is of course functional, the right steering wheel can be removed for "basic" driving. Ideal for long journeys you can replace yourself without stopping Very Happy, driving is possible on both sides.

The engine is 1200 at 6v, it runs well, a little standard maintenance would possibly be expected.

The brakes are new, the tires are original so not 100% at the top.

The interior is clean but in its original state (no major damage such as tears or other)

Body level there is no perforating corrosion, an exterior refresh would be to be seen according to your wishes.

The vehicle has been stored since 2008, no MOT and foreign paper.

Price to be discussed in front of the vehicle only

contact by telephone preferably.

I remain available for any questions."

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
...This car has a very unique feature that I have never seen in an ACVW.

Cool! All it needs now is wings Very Happy

Adding pics for posterity...

jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Where do people get their prices? I’ve noticed here and other places that people are putting ridiculous prices on their cars. I get it, they can ask whatever they want, but these are prices that I’m pretty sure nobody on the planet would pay. Here’s a perfect example….

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2661184
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2661630

Just swing on by and roll her up on the trailer....oh wait..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

at first I thought well that's not too bad, then I saw the rear was smashed on both sides Crying or Very sad
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2662330
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
Shocked Shocked

"Still in original Foxcraft primer with decal"
I recall seeing 1 or 2 NOS skirts years back, and their original decal wasnt microscopic. I know my eyesight is not what it use to be, but I cant see any decal. 🤔🤔
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
Shocked Shocked

Does anyone know how to tell if they are originals?

Someone reported these are reproductions but they could be incorrect.

There are definitely some repros that look the same to me but I don't know what to check so I could be mistaken.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
sportin-wood wrote:
Shocked Shocked

There are definitely some repros that look the same to me but I don't know what to check so I could be mistaken.

As best as I can tell (from what I've seen and read here on thesamba, and the pair I have), they seem legit. It seems to have the VW-1 on one of them. I think I remember reading that one skirt has the vw-1 engraving on bottom lip and on the top lip of the other skirt. I've forgotten to verify if this is so don't know if that's true.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

latinporsche911 wrote:
EverettB wrote:
sportin-wood wrote:
Shocked Shocked

As best as I can tell (from what I've seen and read here on thesamba, and the pair I have), they seem legit. It seems to have the VW-1 on one of them. I think I remember reading that one skirt has the vw-1 engraving on bottom lip and on the top lip of the other skirt. I've forgotten to verify if this is so don't know if that's true.

Thank you.

I looked through the site and I think I found the ad he bought them from a few years ago. They were being sold as originals by another long-term member.

So I do think they are real.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
...So I do think they are real.

Just out of curiosity, are there people that'll pay close to the $5500 asking price out there?
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
EverettB wrote:
...So I do think they are real.

Just out of curiosity, are there people that'll pay close to the $5500 asking price out there?

I don't know.

2 people said they were interested, no offer was made so maybe?
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Nice car… but not $22k worth. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2663446
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
Nice car… but not $22k worth. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2663446

And those pictures make it look WAY better than it really is. That car is a disaster, and the seller is super unrealistic.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

Apparently there’s a trend for overly priced cars. Here’s another example of a horribly restored car for way more than you could even get for a properly restored one…

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2667702
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
bwaz wrote:

And those pictures make it look WAY better than it really is. That car is a disaster, and the seller is super unrealistic.

I'm curious Jay, what do you find so disastrous about this one and the next one you posted?

I don't mind when people come here and say it's a horrible car but at least explain yourself.

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Beetles and parts for sale topic Reply with quote

I'm seeing a reproduction bumper in the back, better check for other damage. I see a front hood that appears to have a newer finish and some missing fender beading, better check for other damage. I see a cheap dull respray that got much of the rubber, check everywhere for rust and damage. I see basic aftermarket seat covers, not uncommon for a 60+ year old car but look it over carefully -- is it really only 30 years in service? There are no engine or trunk shots, no undercarriage shots, no detail photos of any kind. It might be worth something, but $22k for a small window that needs a restoration is more than I would pay.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421, 422  Next
Jump to:
Page 420 of 422

Jump to: