Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Heb mods
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogapult
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Heb mods Reply with quote

post some pics of the coolest custom hebmullers(or heb replicas)...lets see what we've got! or maybe not just the coolest ones....
nivag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: hebroid Reply with quote

I think hands down would be Geoff Petersons Hebroid that showed up at this years Classic. Chocolate brown heb vert in the main stage area... Will try to find pics.
Hebster52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a Heb?

Laughing
The KidVRod project
The 356 Pre-A replica,SOLD
The 1966 Kommanderwagen, SOLD
The Doppel -67, SOLD
The Singlecab -72, SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hebster52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... Laughing

Here's my favorite Hebs.

Geoff's
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Roger Dean's

Mine:

Wink Wink
The KidVRod project
The 356 Pre-A replica,SOLD
The 1966 Kommanderwagen, SOLD
The Doppel -67, SOLD
The Singlecab -72, SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nivag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Hebroid Reply with quote

http://www.airspeedparts.com/community-forum/index...F&f=25

Here is a link to the forum that show's Geoff's complete build, very good read...
kdf38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hebroid Reply with quote

I HATE that brown mess. Shocked I don't see how it could be made uglier.
I guess you could hang a disco ball off the center of the windshield frame
Yuck to the 'Roid. IMO

Mike

nivag wrote:
http://www.airspeedparts.com/community-forum/index...F&f=25

Here is a link to the forum that show's Geoff's complete build, very good read...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdmc16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have no taste brother, that shit is incredible

'72 Ghia: http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n146/vwdmc17/100_1964.jpg
'72 Honda Z600
'81 Delorean

www.EVILGENIUSRACING.com
nivag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike did you build your own cars? Can you not realize how much work went into that and it deserves more respect than someone throwing the hate word out... Just my opinion though.

ps- let's see your stable mike.

I changed this post as it should have read...

Last edited by nivag on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dogapult
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant really tell...what's THAT custom about Roger Dean's....I I realize there may be small things but I guess I meant more like that brown rat-heb...
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nivag wrote:
He probably has never really built anything himself... Otherwise any ass with a head could realize how much work went into that and it deserves more respect than some ass throwing the hate word out... Just my opinion though.

ps- let's see your stable there mikey-poo. I bet most are lumps of shit! Just my opinion...
Actually Mikey Poo has a 47, 49 and a real heb in his stable. So he can talk shit, he's a purist......
mbugz60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing a heb from Houston that had a much later front clip on it. The guy that owned it was named Mike. If this is the same person, that is not what I call a purist.
nivag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares what he owns. Just because he's a purist does not make it any less insensitive to bash on some one else's accomplishment... do you not think? It's one thing to say it's not his taste and luckily we all have that right. I just think comments like he made do absolutely no good to anyone especially the guy would built the car your bashing...
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That roadster Heb is simply one of the most incredible displays of design imagination, talent, craftsmanship, and perserverence that I've ever seen, and it will surely draw alot of new attention to the VW scene. Just making all those things come together to make that car happen is like trying to align the planets, its a true accomplishment.
Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
That roadster Heb is simply one of the most incredible displays of design imagination, talent, craftsmanship, and perserverence that I've ever seen, and it will surely draw alot of new attention to the VW scene. Just making all those things come together to make that car happen is like trying to align the planets, its a true accomplishment.

I could have not said it better Wink
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These threads crack me up.

So Mike isn't allowed to have an opinion!? He said he hates it. That means he doesn't like it. Get over it.

Its one thing to wow and drool all over something, but when someone doesn't agree with you, LIGHTEN UP. That is what an opinion is... He didn't say the owner/builder was and idiot, did crap work, etc. He just said he didn't like the car (I think the word hate was used). He didn't personally attack the builder.

From what I have seen, the workmanship is really good. You could build custom refrigerators, furniture or toilets, and good workmanship would show. Workmanship is objective.

Style is another matter. It is highly subjective and that means it is subject to opinions. Personally I don't care for the style either. He took a Heb (or at least some parts of it) and made a retro hot rod out of it. He could have done it with an Isetta, a Yugo, a Corvette or a Schwinn. To me its just another hot rod, and one person's dream of what a hot rod should be. Fine. Doesn't bother me that a lot of people think its cool, nor do I expect everyone to like what I do.

</rant>

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab

Last edited by johnshenry on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Val1950
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnshenry wrote:
He took a Heb (or at least some parts of it) and made a retro hot rod out of it. He could have done it with an Isetta, a Yugo, a Corvette or a Schwinn. To me its just another hot rod, and one person's dream of what a hot rod should be. Fine. Doesn't bother me that a lot of people think its cool, nor do I expect everyone to like what I do.

</rant>

Hi John,
If you look through the build pictures you'll see there's no Heb parts used. The back's all hand formed and the front screen frame was from a Karmann.
johnshenry Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val1950 wrote:
johnshenry wrote:
He took a Heb (or at least some parts of it) and made a retro hot rod out of it. He could have done it with an Isetta, a Yugo, a Corvette or a Schwinn. To me its just another hot rod, and one person's dream of what a hot rod should be. Fine. Doesn't bother me that a lot of people think its cool, nor do I expect everyone to like what I do.

</rant>

Hi John,
If you look through the build pictures you'll see there's no Heb parts used. The back's all hand formed and the front screen frame was from a Karmann.

I stand corrected then,thanks for the clarification on that.

'57 Deluxe
'56 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kdf38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Tasty Opinions Reply with quote

<opinion>
Hmmm, I knew I was stating my opinion too bluntly as soon as I hit send. Rolling Eyes
I never said anything about the workmanship, and I actually think the interior looks pretty good. What I really don't care for are the wheels sticking out and the lack of rear fenders forced by the wheels. I also don't like the two different sizes of white walls. But, luckilly, I don't have to like it...

I may not have any taste, but I do like many Ferrari's,Aston Martins,Porsche 356s, Mercedes Gullwings, pre 67 Vettes, Cords, Chrysler Airflows, 427 Cobras, North American P-51 Mustangs, Chance-Vought F-4U Corsairs and other WWII aircraft, Hebs, Schwimmwagens (OK, they aren't very "pretty") Now if only I could hit the Lotto, so I could buy some of them.
</opinion>

John H hit the nail on the head.

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Neil Davies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't like Volksrods - if you want a hot rod, buy a 32 Ford or something like that. However, Geoff's Heb-roid really works - beautiful workmanship, stance, choice of parts etc - just a real nice car.

My other favourite custom Hebs would be the '51 from the UK (the brown one with the CC front end) on sprintstars, and the black and white one on BRMs from Japan.
'86 Scirocco special project - still measuring up...
M.I.B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil Davies wrote:

My other favourite custom Hebs would be the '51 from the UK (the brown one with the CC front end) on sprintstars, .

Paul's Heb used to live on the same site as my lock up. It's gone to Belgium - a few months back. Sprints are now on his low light ghia, along with the 356 dums etc. New owners were in touch with me awhile back for some of my old photos - Heb 55 in the breakers in old East Germany. Now injapan being rebuilt I hear. More like being built from what was left.

Haven't found that one yet but I did find some photos last night - of Big Bang 1 Mr Davies..........stones and grass pits at the Pod! My red 66 sunroof.......
Also some shots of a 50 standard I tried to buy in Croatia in 97.

Ah well.

Sliding back into aircooleds after a few years off...........
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: