Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michigan Dubbers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Bump, Hey Dustin, I've been hibernating Laughing -6* this morning in Atlanta,no vw news ,bus & bug are tucked away ,, seem we lost some mi members? haven't checked in in a while , hope they are well? Cheers,Mike
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Hey Mike, check out my new ride. I've had it for a week now.

Hey Paul, you might see me around 16 and Gratiot. I hope to spot your ride.

These photos are courtesy of the previous owner. I'm still smiling and I haven't even done more than park it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

What hapoened to Carmellas consesion?
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

That's sweet, Happy for ya! ,,now if spring will get here,, Miles & Smiles :wink:No drag race starts with a 'Roller crank' unless it's Pinned/welded Wink
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

I mingled with the Michigan Vintage VW Club at the Woodward dream cruise on Saturday. Didn't stay long for fear of rainclouds, but still happy to have stopped by.
This coming weekend is a cruise for vintage cars only on Hines Drive. And on Sept. 25th in Clarkston there's gonna be something called VINTAGE VW'S ON THE HILL.
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Barnum's Bug Barn ,Buggy & Vw Car show &Swap meet
Sept. 11 Millington ,mi
I drove the Turbo bug down to it a couple years ago Cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Hey all you Michigan Vee Dubbers, I had to post something after a successful day today driving around Northern Oakland County. I recently joined the Michigan Vintage VW Club, and today was our fall color tour.

There were 32 cars that participated, and I gotta say, my wife and I had a blast. First, because it was a nice day to drive the Bug, but second, it was just cool to be a part of a large Beetle convoy. We drove to a dairy farm, a cider mill, and to the town of Holly.

I'm gonna keep this thread alive every now and again. It's good to have Michigan neighbors who have a thang for Vee Dubbs.

madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Nice cruise ,, Time to park'em up here,,,we just got a 'Weather alert'
SNOW tonight Rolling Eyes Laughing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Happy New Year to all, but especially to my fellow Michiganders.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Back at'ch Dennis Wink Laughing 37* with a lite 'Dusting' of snow ,not like last wknd's Blizzard' 2 foot Shocked but it got up to 52* and all melted Laughing
Kafer_Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

dennismcd707 wrote:
Happy New Year to all, but especially to my fellow Michiganders.

Same to you all. And is it Michiganders or Michiganians? Cool
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Heard it both ways , Laughing Michigander, I'm just a" Up North Hillbilly" Laughing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Either I live a sheltered life, or I've just plain forgotten, but I don't think I've ever heard of us being referred to as Michiganians. I like it though, it seems like it should be the "go to" term. Michigander somehow became the default word in this guy's vocabulary.

...........and is it Michigan Dubbers, or Michigan Vee Dubbers? Wink
Kafer_Mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Michigander vs. Michiganian --https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigander I'm still in the Michigander camp. Wink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

........Hooray, another Michigander vote, and that's coming from an Indiana-ner. Hmm, doesn't roll off the tongue very well. Guess that's why somebody came up with the name Hoosier.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Hey fellow Michigan VW enthusiasts, here’s some interesting news. It looks like the VW car club that I belong to is going to have to change its name. It seems the company Volkswagen of America, Inc. which is an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is tasked with enforcing trademarks owned by Volkswagen. As such, they sent an official cease and desist letter last week to our club president stating: “While we appreciate your enthusiasm for the Volkswagen brand, you are violating Volkswagen’s trademark rights by, among other things, using the trademark ‘VOLKSWAGEN’ in your name “MICHIGAN VINTAGE VOLKSWAGEN CLUB”, and including an image of the world-famous ‘BEETLE’ vehicle design in your club’s logo."

So, we asked about the names: VW, Volks, Dub, and VeeDub, and they were all turned down by the lawyers. We asked about the name “THE PEOPLE’S CAR CLUB OF MICHIGAN” and they said it was fine. So, our club will have a meeting and a vote on a new name. It’s probable that we’re also going to be eliminating the word ‘VINTAGE’ from the club’s name too. A while ago, the club decided to let all VW’s join the club, regardless of age. This was in hopes of injecting new blood into the club’s membership.

And finally, we contacted ‘VINTAGE VOLKSWAGEN CLUB OF AMERICA’ (of which we’re a charter member) just to see if they have permission to use the name. They don’t, and are in the same boat as us. Other companies (Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc.) allow clubs to use their names after they officially register the club on a website. VW did this too, but they stopped and took the website down.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad :evil Just for that I'll NEVER Buy a NEW VW ,,Hope ya see this ,Bunch of Snowflakes Evil or Very Mad
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

dennismcd707 wrote:
Hey fellow Michigan VW enthusiasts, here’s some interesting news. It looks like the VW car club that I belong to is going to have to change its name. It seems the company Volkswagen of America, Inc. which is an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is tasked with enforcing trademarks owned by Volkswagen. As such, they sent an official cease and desist letter last week to our club president stating: “While we appreciate your enthusiasm for the Volkswagen brand, you are violating Volkswagen’s trademark rights by, among other things, using the trademark ‘VOLKSWAGEN’ in your name “MICHIGAN VINTAGE VOLKSWAGEN CLUB”, and including an image of the world-famous ‘BEETLE’ vehicle design in your club’s logo."

So, we asked about the names: VW, Volks, Dub, and VeeDub, and they were all turned down by the lawyers. We asked about the name “THE PEOPLE’S CAR CLUB OF MICHIGAN” and they said it was fine. So, our club will have a meeting and a vote on a new name. It’s probable that we’re also going to be eliminating the word ‘VINTAGE’ from the club’s name too. A while ago, the club decided to let all VW’s join the club, regardless of age. This was in hopes of injecting new blood into the club’s membership.

And finally, we contacted ‘VINTAGE VOLKSWAGEN CLUB OF AMERICA’ (of which we’re a charter member) just to see if they have permission to use the name. They don’t, and are in the same boat as us. Other companies (Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc.) allow clubs to use their names after they officially register the club on a website. VW did this too, but they stopped and took the website down.

Each quarter send them a new letter with ten new proposed names. Lawyers hate work like this and dulling the devils tinsnips is the Creators work

Get a dictionary and send the first ten v words and w words with the v and W bolted as name requests

Repeat in the months. You can recycle by using new fonts too.

The Very Wide Club of Michigan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Each quarter send them a new letter with ten new proposed names. Lawyers hate work like this and dulling the devils tinsnips is the Creators work

Get a dictionary and send the first ten v words and w words with the v and W bolted as name requests

Repeat in the months. You can recycle by using new fonts too.

The Very Wide Club of Michigan

This has already been going on for the last couple of years. The lawyers finally gave us a deadline of November of this year.
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Michigan Dubbers Reply with quote

dennismcd707 wrote:
The lawyers finally gave us a deadline of November of this year.

Or else what? They put the whole membership in jail?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: