Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michigan Dubbers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man_Doun wrote:
I'm in bloomfield hills.

this seems like the best place to ask this. anyway, I was talking to this one guy at parts place and he told me about a auto salvage yard with alot of old aircooleds in it. I think he said it was near frankenmeuth or birtch run. anyone know what im talking about or know the name?

I'm from Beverly Hills. I know the place, but I can't remember the damn name. Its on the left-had side of I-75 going North past Lapeer. Can't find it on the web either. Bug-something. The name is painted on the fence, visible from the freeway.

Man_Doun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer wrote:
Man_Doun wrote:
I'm in bloomfield hills.

this seems like the best place to ask this. anyway, I was talking to this one guy at parts place and he told me about a auto salvage yard with alot of old aircooleds in it. I think he said it was near frankenmeuth or birtch run. anyone know what im talking about or know the name?

I'm from Beverly Hills. I know the place, but I can't remember the damn name. Its on the left-had side of I-75 going North past Lapeer. Can't find it on the web either. Bug-something. The name is painted on the fence, visible from the freeway.

took me a little time to find it, but i did:

http://www.type4.org/spares/salvage_html

Barnum RG Auto Salvage, Inc.
7693 Vassar Road
Millington, MI 48746
(989) 871-4000

"Michael Caradonna found two 1971 411 4-door sedans and a 1972 411 wagon on the lot at Barnum's salvage. What's more, the owner also runs a shop named Barnum's Bug Barn next to the salvage yard, reachable at (989) 871-9880 where he has various other VWs in his yard. Milligan is near Frankenmuth, Michigan. "
71VOTB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man_Doun wrote:
Meyer wrote:
Man_Doun wrote:
I'm in bloomfield hills.

7693 Vassar Road
Millington, MI 48746
(989) 871-4000

"Michael Caradonna found two 1971 411 4-door sedans and a 1972 411 wagon on the lot at Barnum's salvage. What's more, the owner also runs a shop named Barnum's Bug Barn next to the salvage yard, reachable at (989) 871-9880 where he has various other VWs in his yard. Milligan is near Frankenmuth, Michigan. "

Don't forget to pick up a year's supply of Christmas ornaments when you pass through Frankenmuth.
airkooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen Park here!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild wrote:
Grand Rapids

i met you at the byron center show. we were about the only ones there for a while

F I S H E R W E R K E
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man_Doun wrote:

7693 Vassar Road
Millington, MI 48746
(989) 871-4000

hmmm i smell a weekend road trip!

F I S H E R W E R K E
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: BUG OUT Reply with quote

Anybody going to Bug-out,I'm leaveing here at 6am to get down there around 10ish,Hope to pick up some goodies to finish my 2332.and looking for some wheelie bars 'Cheap',later mike
arenapub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Fraser (bordered by Warren, Roseville, Sterling Hts & Clinton Twp). Have a '79 SB Vert - used as a weekend/summer cruiser.
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: BUG OUT Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Anybody going to Bug-out,I'm leaveing here at 6am to get down there around 10ish,Hope to pick up some goodies to finish my 2332.and looking for some wheelie bars 'Cheap',later mike

me, my parents, and some friends are going. me and one of my friends have a swap space.

F I S H E R W E R K E
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Bug out Reply with quote

Cool I'll look for a family walking around,LOL I'll be wearing a MAD Racing T-shirt so if u see me first say Hi. Cool
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Bug out Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Cool I'll look for a family walking around,LOL I'll be wearing a MAD Racing T-shirt so if u see me first say Hi. Cool

if you see a white beelte with splash on the side thats my dads. ill be in the swap area all day most likely. ill keep a look out for ya

F I S H E R W E R K E
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey airkooled,I worked in Allen Park at my Dad's transmission shop for 20+ yrs,I built Buggies their all the time back in the day.
EXITSTRATEGY
Samba Member

Location: rolling thunder river company, nantahalla gorge. NC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kalamazoo here.

68 beetle (rent's, was born in, -ish/ness[tnx tom2]), 69, 70,91 westies, 70&71 scout 800's, 63 BSA b40... a bicycle, a kayak, choco's and hiking boots.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Bug out Reply with quote

Hey, Had a good time at Bug-Out, I saw 'Splash' in the parking lot,and alot of nice cars/buggys out there,What was up with Miss bug out??? Thats "Sic" at least the prego was cute!!LOL.
D.Russell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug out Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Hey, Had a good time at Bug-Out, I saw 'Splash' in the parking lot,and alot of nice cars/buggys out there,What was up with Miss bug out??? Thats "Sic" at least the prego was cute!!LOL.

Anyone take any Pics??

Couldn't make it this year. Sad
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Bug out Reply with quote

madmike wrote:

my friend said he seen you and was thinking that was a cool t-shirt but i guess i failed to mention to him to say something. we had the space with the 2 s-10's one crappy white one and a red/black nicer one.

i had a great time as well. didnt take any pics though(forgot camera again Mad )

F I S H E R W E R K E
Brian_1952
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay vw people I live hear in holland for about 3 years now.I bought out a guy that had a lot of late bug parts. maybe some of you nead some.I am not the best at late bug stuff..but i know vw real good..I am all ways looking for old bus stuff..I like to help vw people that nead parts. let me know...thanks
upnorthman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoy there from a little farther north! Elk Rapids that is by Traverse City. There is another guy on the samba up here too he is known as the sage, he has the same bus I do........

I like the sounds of the junkyard down there Exclamation
There is one up here but the cars are pretty picked through. However, it is worth the trip. It is by Bellaire and you just drive in with your tools and start wandering around. No organization at all one of the brothers that owns it looks as if he never ever showers. I have to go back...Every time I go there I see another bus that is hidden from view.
"Anyways is not a word, look it up"
upnorthman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ya, let me know too there are parts there (sweeny's in Bellaire) that I could get and send your way!
"Anyways is not a word, look it up"
Volkswagenaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian_Mccue wrote:
hay vw people I live hear in holland for about 3 years now.I bought out a guy that had a lot of late bug parts. maybe some of you nead some.I am not the best at late bug stuff..but i know vw real good..I am all ways looking for old bus stuff..I like to help vw people that nead parts. let me know...thanks

do you know Brendan at Gary's Automotive?

F I S H E R W E R K E
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 45

Jump to: