Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official good deal on Buses or parts topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

ddutch wrote:
This bus is in the Classified section right now;

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2660952

Seems like a very interesting oppertunity for someone to get a very complete original and not too rusty Velvet green/Pearl white Walk thru Combi for little money, considering nowadays prizes for complete and restorable buses.

It looks pretty bad on the pictures because of the white paint peeling off, but there are no visible rust holes on the underside of the doors, the floorpanels are mostly there, and even the doglegs look decent and complete. It is a walk thru, there is a engine, it has bumpers, all its glass, a VIN plate and even quite some interior pieces. So, what's not to like? Very Happy
It looks like it has been painted twice over the original paint which is still visible on the left cargo door, where some paint has been stripped away. So you could end up with a nice original paint bus after paint stripping. With those vented windows and a Repro Westy kit it could be turned into a nice and versatile Mosaik camper at some point.

I wish I could get it, but I have no storage and working space right now and it's on the wrong side of the pond for me. So Hopefully it falls in the right hands of someone who can appreciate it and give it the attention and TLC that is needed.

Something tells me if it was good it would have been gobbled up by either Trevor(flipper) or Kutie(Flipper and i'll refrain from my thoughts about that guy) being they both are from the VA area. But i could be wrong.....
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ddutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

obus wrote:

Something tells me if it was good it would have been gobbled up by either Trevor(flipper) or Kutie(Flipper and i'll refrain from my thoughts about that guy) being they both are from the VA area. But i could be wrong.....

You sure could be right. It's hard to tell what the true overall condition is based on pictures alone. It definitely needs quite some work for sure but even rusty and totally stripped out bare bodyshells are now offered for more money than this. I'm curious what's hiding underneath that peeling paint...
I_Dont_Mind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

ddutch wrote:
obus wrote:

You sure could be right. It's hard to tell what the true overall condition is based on pictures alone. It definitely needs quite some work for sure but even rusty and totally stripped out bare bodyshells are now offered for more money than this. I'm curious what's hiding underneath that peeling paint...

He had a better deal on a Westy a few days ago, would like to see whoever bought it post some photos.
ddutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

I_Dont_Mind wrote:

He had a better deal on a Westy a few days ago, would like to see whoever bought it post some photos.

Yes sure, that would be nice.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Does anyone have other posted pics from the ad? Somehow I missed it. If it has a title and looks like comments posted then @ 3.5K it's a very good deal. I hope someone new into buses bought it as an entry level bus because prices have pushed new young people out of the sport. Sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I_Dont_Mind wrote:
ddutch wrote:
obus wrote:

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Does anyone have other posted pics from the ad? Somehow I missed it. If it has a title and looks like comments posted then @ 3.5K it's a very good deal. I hope someone new into buses bought it as an entry level bus because prices have pushed new young people out of the sport. Sad

Just view the picture, and change the numbers sequentially in the URL until you get pictures of something else.
(quote this reply and look at the addresses of the pics to see what I did)

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information

Last edited by Lind on Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Quote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2660952

Here are the ad pics from that ad

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

A kid could come up with the $3500 purchase price but can they front the $10-15K and have the tools and knowledge to get it running safely? Hopefully.
ddutch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:

No, it didn't have a title unfortunately, so that might be a problem in some cases.

gondiwindi wrote:
A kid could come up with the $3500 purchase price but can they front the $10-15K and have the tools and knowledge to get it running safely? Hopefully.

It's probably not a very suitable project for a starter in this hobby but more for someone with some experience and the required (welding) skills.
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Seems too cheap to not be a scam

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2663970
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

challomoner wrote:

Looks like it sold, if real looks a great score
Tahlequah Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

they could have put a 1 in front of that price and not raised an eybrow, ribbed bumper big motor and some windows down the sides for the price of a used camry
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

challomoner wrote:
challomoner wrote:

It got deleted due to numerous reports that the phone # listed was someone else so not sure...

He had it for sale last year for $22000 so maybe something weird going on?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
challomoner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
challomoner wrote:
challomoner wrote:

It got deleted due to numerous reports that the phone # listed was someone else so not sure...

He had it for sale last year for $22000 so maybe something weird going on?

Ha I was thinking of reporting it too but decided to post it here instead. Guy was obviously keen for a quick sale eh 😉
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Depending on the rust and how much is there, this would be a smoking deal on a sub-hatch flip seat.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2664188

Thoughts?
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Looks like a good deal on a 1/3 2/3 front seat:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2664928

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

Malokin Martin wrote:
Depending on the rust and how much is there, this would be a smoking deal on a sub-hatch flip seat.

Thoughts?

You need to see more pictures, especially the drivers side. Then your opinion will change.
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Thoughts?

You need to see more pictures, especially the drivers side. Then your opinion will change.

Especially given the seller. I don't know him at all, but just based on the buses that he advertises and for how long they are listed. I've yet to ever seen a deal listed by him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
von_hansel Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

myklsmyth wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
Malokin Martin wrote:

Thoughts?

Especially given the seller. I don't know him at all, but just based on the buses that he advertises and for how long they are listed. I've yet to ever seen a deal listed by him.

This bus came from Minnesota and needs a lot of rust repair as well as missing a lot of key flipseat parts. If you are a completist, it is going to be timely and costly to put the correct SO34 interior back together.

I would recommend to take your $21k and put that towards a complete SO34 that doesn't need metal work, interior, and the running gear gone through.

With that said, I know the last two sellers before Kmart and I can say that one was asking roughly the same amount and the other was asking above $25k so I do not think Kevin is making a lot of money off of this bus.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official good deal on Buses or parts topic Reply with quote

$200. for a spice rack, I've seen them sell for a lot more.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2665698

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 507, 508, 509, 510  Next
Jump to:
Page 508 of 510

Jump to: