Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hazet Assistent
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

SplitBusVanatic wrote:
It it strange that there is a half a bottom divider in that picture above.

Look at the pics to the right of it. The bottom looks like a bucket or something is in there with the seat removed. Im sure rsbadura will know. Maybe a battery tester.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SplitBusVanatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Well spotted. I see that now indeed. Interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

I personally enjoy how Hazet posed him like those paintings of Christ gesturing with his hand down to left. Hazet will heal your car!
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
SplitBusVanatic wrote:
It it strange that there is a half a bottom divider in that picture above.

I found this half devider in a lot of sketches as the patent of 1953, the instruction leaflet, the 1954 catalog drawings and probably only one blurry photo from a trade fair (page 228), in a VW brochure listet as VW 1169 with the Hazet catalog drawing... , these new (around 2000) advertising coffee can and metal sign (origin of these classic like drawing is currently unknown).

but no one have seen this in real life - all today known and photos can be found on the Internet of the 160 have a full size divider. The divider from column to column also gives the whole thing much more stability for heavy loads - a good improvement. I also asked these questions in a German forum with HAZET employees more than one year ago - without any result. Maybe just a rejected prototype/pre-production solution - or only some of them with this?!?

At mine the devider was missing - there were also no scratches or evidence of a half divider - but a full early and also rare divider fits perfect on both sides - that's why I restored my 160 with a full size divider - I can still cut it off if I get more info Wink
I continue to watch classifieds and forums on the topic... but these Hazet 160 in any condition are very rare. If you see one of these, let me know...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

notchboy wrote:
... Maybe a battery tester.

the Hazet 802 battery service box appeared a few years later in 1958.
The 161/162 as the successor to the 160 appeared already in 1955.

There was no set of the 160 or 500 A (a 160 with VW tool set) that includes something big, that requires a half divider.

In a 1954 Hazet catalog page 32 drawing you see the standard included tools of the set a (later order number 2140-5) 500 g hammer and (later 1950-4) rubber soft-faced hammer in the free space, on the side of the divider a grease can and the (later 2160) oil can... the same drawing as at the middle at the right side of the metal sign from around 2000 - only the lamp was a little bit modified/rotated.

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wout
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Hazet Assistent Reply with quote

Made a few repro Hazet stools. Ad in the classifieds.

gr
Wout
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62
Jump to:
Page 62 of 62

Jump to: