Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

International Shipping
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe75 wrote:
Never use a company called Interglobal Logistics based out of Oakland/San Mateo? The guy is called Gabriel and is a complete nightmare. I received my vehicles only after tons of phone calls and over 3 months later have still not received the paper work. This make the vehicles useless as I can not register them in the UK.

I phone them every night and I am told a different story, they NEVER reply to emails and just generally play games. After I started used them I did a Google search and found loads of similar complitains - BE WARNED.

X2

I use Aladdin freight out of Oakland instead.

Kingstown handles their incoming (to the UK) freight as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:

X2 I use Aladdin freight out of Oakland instead.
Kingstown handles their incoming (to the UK) freight as well.

x3 for Aladdin and Kingstown. Alway search for negative feedback here and never ignore strong recommendations.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mustardseed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI there newbie here finding this interesting reading but was wondering if anyone had any advice guidance re importing from Australia or US to Dublin Ireland

Thanks all help welcome
Chris19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Pit Stop Auto Inc. Reply with quote

Email: [email protected]

Pit Stop Auto Distribution
1660 Commerce Street
Corona, CA 92880-1731

Tel. 909-996-3566
Fax: 951-738-0873

If any of you are interested, we handle all of the export business for Pacific Customs Unlimited, Fullerton Sand Sports, Moore Parts and on occasion, CB Performance, Bug Pack, and EMPI. We ship world wide 6 days a week. Primarily we use USPS or UPS. Most packages that we ship to Au and the UK arrive in about 10 days excluding the weekends. If an item is too large to ship through either of those two sources, we can ship the product to your nearest international airport and you can pick it up from there. We can provide you a quote within 24 hours Monday-Friday. If you ask for a quote Friday evening you will get a response Monday morning. We accept all major credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover, or Wire transfers ( There is an additional $20.00 fee for Wire Transfers ) sorry we are not set up for Paypal as of yet.

If you need any references on us you can contact:
Pacific Customs at [email protected]
Fullerton Sand Sports at [email protected]
Moore Parts at [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Golden Chariots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day All, sorry if I am repeating myself here, but I didn't want you to miss the post elsewhere.

Thanks Paddywack0 for the recommendation and John Moxon although probably too late, we can ship from Canada as well.

For some time now we have been receiving a lot of enquiries from this site and today I contact Everett Barnes the Webmaster to ask his permission to post about how we can help.

Essentially we can move any vehicle from the USA, whether it be a 10 seater helicopter, power boat racer, Ferrari or even a VW... Laughing

We can offer a full service from paying for the Vehicle (With your money of course Laughing Laughing ) to collecting the vehicle from the seller, customs clearing in the US, Shipping to the UK, Customs Clearance in the UK and delivery to your home.

Please remember though if the vehicle is a non runner then it cannot ship Roll On Roll Off, it can only ship containerised.

Be careful though as shipping Containerised from Long Beach on the West Coast is very expensive, whereas shipping from Houston in Texas is good, if it is a runner, then ship it RoRo but you can't have any parts in the vehicle.

Have a look at our site for more detailed info http://www.goldenchariotsinternational.com

As Everett has been so kind, we will offer a £25 discount to any member who quotes this site.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

John
59ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know a shipper / shipping company who can ship my 60 bug from South Africa (Capetown) to Europe (Holland)
on deck or in a container, as long as it gets there...
It can arrive at any european port...
Maybe someone has experience with this? I cannot find anyone who
can do it...
If someone knows how much it would cost would also be nice!
many thanks Ed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Classifieds Feedback
Sambafraser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do your research before you pay the money. Wink
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-stolen-bus6-2009nov06,0,5595923.story
obi-nu
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Am in the process of shipping a bug to the uk and wonder if any folk out there that have done it recently know if the VW birth certificate will fore fill the 'cars built in the EU' import requirement for reduction from 10% to £50??

Apparently they need 'a letter from the manufacturer stating that it was built in the EU'....

Thanks,
Nu
sonofed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Shipping a door to Australia Reply with quote

I'm looking for anyone planning a large shipment to Australia. I'm trying to get a Type 34 Ghia door to Sydney and all the normal channels seem to want over $500 to put it on a plane. I figure the box will be about 44 x 22 x 12 which used to be easy through the Post Office but they don't do that anymore. Anyhow, let me know if you can help or if you know of anybody that knows someone that I could piggy back on with.

Larry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
74simon74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Bbuying a bus & shipping from the States to Tilbury uk Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy a bus from South Carolina and worried how to do the exchange of money from the Uk to person in the states and knowing they are going to realease the bus once they have my money. Has any1 got any tips and advice.....???? Thanks Confused
andrewsanteiro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any info reggarding taxes, duties, shipping cost and procedure would be very helpful.

Trying to ship 1-4 late model beetles or buggies to Costa Rica.

Any experience out there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Indetrucks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Australia to California, shipping a running 1962 VW Reply with quote

Has anyone here shipped or know of someone who has shipped an older car from Australia to the States (California Preferably).
It’s an all original running 1962 right hand drive, does anyone know the stipulations, legalities or problems I might face?
Should I contact a shipper in Australia or California? What else do I need to do on my end to make this as painless as possible?

I hear of horror stories with these cars getting stuck at the docks and not claimed for whatever reasons.

Thanks all :)
Nevada51
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Australia to California, shipping a running 1962 VW Reply with quote

Indetrucks wrote:
Has anyone here shipped or know of someone who has shipped an older car from Australia to the States (California Preferably).
It’s an all original running 1962 right hand drive, does anyone know the stipulations, legalities or problems I might face?
Should I contact a shipper in Australia or California? What else do I need to do on my end to make this as painless as possible?

I hear of horror stories with these cars getting stuck at the docks and not claimed for whatever reasons.

Thanks all Smile

Hi Christian, might be worth asking this guy (not sure if he imported it, but worth asking the question).
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1063124
cliff witham
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone sold to this company before or do you think this is a Scam

Dear Mr. Witham,

Yes we would like to buy the car for 10000 USD.

My colleague told me that you would like an advance of 500 USD. That is not a problem, if you could provide us with your banking details please.

The rest we woud like to pay with a cashier’s check. This will be arranged together with the pick up of the car. Of course we will make sure that you know that the cheque is in your name and you can check if everything is ok.

Please provide us with your banking details as soon as possible in order to transfer the advance.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesite to contact us.

Kind regards,

SCL Rotterdam

Annemarie Klein

Tel : +31 (0)10 4277720

Fax.: +31 (0)10 4277725

Phone numbers from North America / Canada :

Tel. 011 31 10 4277720

Fax. 011 31 10 4277725

E-mail.: [email protected]

Web: www.sclnl.nl

NEW !! AIRFREIGHT DEPARTMENT !!

SCL Amsterdam

Tupolevlaan 30
1119 NZ Schiphol

P.O. Box 75020
1117 ZN Schiphol

Tel : +31 20 658 00 08
Fax: +31 20 658 00 09

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them no, you will only deal with them through a direct International bank transfer and see if they come back to you.

If they are serious they will have no objection, it is the easiest and safest way to deal with International transactions for both parties.

I doubt if you will get a reply. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliff witham wrote:
Has anyone sold to this company before or do you think this is a Scam

Dear Mr. Witham,

Yes we would like to buy the car for 10000 USD.

My colleague told me that you would like an advance of 500 USD. That is not a problem, if you could provide us with your banking details please.

The rest we woud like to pay with a cashier’s check. This will be arranged together with the pick up of the car. Of course we will make sure that you know that the cheque is in your name and you can check if everything is ok.

Please provide us with your banking details as soon as possible in order to transfer the advance.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesite to contact us.

Kind regards,

SCL Rotterdam

Annemarie Klein

Tel : +31 (0)10 4277720

Fax.: +31 (0)10 4277725

Phone numbers from North America / Canada :

Tel. 011 31 10 4277720

Fax. 011 31 10 4277725

E-mail.: [email protected]

Web: www.sclnl.nl

NEW !! AIRFREIGHT DEPARTMENT !!

SCL Amsterdam

Tupolevlaan 30
1119 NZ Schiphol

P.O. Box 75020
1117 ZN Schiphol

Tel : +31 20 658 00 08
Fax: +31 20 658 00 09

Cliff,

I just called them to see if they're for real, but they didn't pick up. It's 6.30PM here.

Send me a PM/ email if you want me to try again tomorrow.

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kai wrote:

Cliff,

I just called them to see if they're for real, but they didn't pick up. It's 6.30PM here.

Spoke to Annemarie today, she's for real. Wants to buy your Transporter for a customer.

If you need any more help, just let me know!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kai wrote:
kai wrote:

Cliff,

Spoke to Annemarie today, she's for real. Wants to buy your Transporter for a customer.

If you need any more help, just let me know!

Did she say why they use a cashier’s check instead of a direct bank transfer. There are so many scams going with cashier’s checks these days I always suspect them. Confused
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Moxon wrote:
Did she say why they use a cashier’s check instead of a direct bank transfer. There are so many scams going with cashier’s checks these days I always suspect them. Confused

I didn't ask specifically that, I just wanted to see as if she was for real. But she did say he could check it with his bank etc.

I figured that if Cliff wanted a direct bank transfer he could suggest that himself, that's not my business..

Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kai wrote:
John Moxon wrote:

I didn't ask specifically that, I just wanted to see as if she was for real. But she did say he could check it with his bank etc.

I figured that if Cliff wanted a direct bank transfer he could suggest that himself, that's not my business..

Yeah I suppose it's whatever you're happiest with. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: