Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

January 2024 update: we took a hunting trip to Sonora, Texas with the Eurovan.

The hunting content of those stories requires a special thread. I post those stories on my Ultimate Hunting Vehicle thread in the Vanagons forum.

kourt

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

Thanks again for this great thread. I'm tackling the floor replacement, as mine is mush in places. I've got the interior mostly out and will take a book out of your page by suspending the galley and cabinetry from the ceiling. First question: I am wrapping a cam strap around the strut pilar for the rear suspension. What did you use to anchor the front?
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

next question: I'll be installing a 12v DC fridge while I have everything out. I also Will re-do the house electrical. I love the look of your custom panel. How did you handle the AC power coming in? The stock set up is so clunky, and I don't need the rear 120v outlets so was thinking of using that space for a battery monitor (using a LiFePo 100AmH battery and Renogy 30A DCDC/MPPT charger). I don't need huge capacity, or a large inverter and have a 100w panel. I just need something to plug in the AC-DC victron charger and maybe a line to the AC outlet about the fridge.
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

Blaque Jacques wrote:
First question: I am wrapping a cam strap around the strut pilar for the rear suspension. What did you use to anchor the front?

I think you're asking me how I suspended the EVC cabinets above the floor in order to replace the floor beneath them. I popped the top, carefully cut and fit a 2x4 to bridge the span of the open top, and used that 2x4 as a sling point to carry the load of the cabinets below. Does that make sense?

Blaque Jacques wrote:
next question: I'll be installing a 12v DC fridge while I have everything out. I also Will re-do the house electrical. I love the look of your custom panel. How did you handle the AC power coming in? The stock set up is so clunky, and I don't need the rear 120v outlets so was thinking of using that space for a battery monitor (using a LiFePo 100AmH battery and Renogy 30A DCDC/MPPT charger). I don't need huge capacity, or a large inverter and have a 100w panel. I just need something to plug in the AC-DC victron charger and maybe a line to the AC outlet about the fridge.

The shore power connection point on the driver side of my EVC is directly wired to a Victron Charger and nothing else. I wanted to be able to plug the van in to recharge the house battery through that shore power port, and nothing else.

I eliminated the AC outlet above the fridge, but kept the AC outlet in the back of the van. That outlet is served by an inverter. I rarely use inverters, but it's there if I need it.

I hope this helps.

kourt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blaque Jacques
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

Yes, great info and makes good sense! I'm planning on about the same. I appreciate your write-ups and help
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

By request, I am posting some photos of some battery box details.

The BattleBorn GC3 battery was mounted in the passenger side rear wheel well enclosure. The original Winnebago battery box was thrown out to make room for the bigger GC3. I added vents to the enclosure (two at the rear as shown below, and one on the forward face) to give the DCDC charger some breathing air.

The DCDC charger is mounted directly behind those vents, vertically, on a piece of sheet stainless steel that came from the old galley lid. I cut and drilled the sheet to fit the DCDC charger, and bent a foot at the base for mounting to the floor.

Opening the enclosure lid, you can see the GC3 consuming most of the space in the enclosure.

Finally, looking down into the enclosure, and slightly aft, you can barely see the DCDC charger vertically mounted in the space.

I hope this gives some detail of my configuration.

kourt
Vndlfsn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

You noted earlier that you eliminated the gray water system. Where does your sink empty to?
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

Vndlfsn, I think Kourt removed his van's gray water tank. On the EVC it is built into the van and mounted under the body. Water from the sink drains into it (unlike the earlier models which just drained onto the ground) and then there is a cap and trap just forward of the driver's side rear wheel. You remove the cap and pull the handle on the trap to let used water drain from the tank.

I don't use my built in tank much - I'm not sure what Kourt used but I added an outside "kitchen" (they should have called it a prep-station) from SeaSucker. This particular model has been replaced by their new version which - in my opinion offers less space and usability but I do like their new third mounting option, but I digress.

The "kitchen" comes with a sink basin which previously only had a rubber plug and would drain right onto your feet if you were to open it. I bought a sink drain from Home Depot and used a PVC adapter to bring it down to garden-hose-size. Then I used a short run of hose into the top of a plastic container. My local county parks require that containers be marked, though I have never been stopped or questioned before.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kourt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: EVC Galley Makeover (and more): Winnebago Nuke & Pave Reply with quote

Howdy,

My gray water simply drains out of the sink through a tube to the underside of the van.

If I'm camping on the beach or in an undeveloped campground, I let it drain to the ground. This has never presented a problem in ten years of camping. It's mostly water for washing dishes, and we use a low impact soap. Food scraps are put in the trash.

For developed campgrounds, I place a Prepworks collapsible tub under the van where the gray water drains out. I collect this water and take it to the gray water station or the dishwashing station provided by the campground to dispose of it. This has always met with approval from the campground hosts.

I hope this helps.

kourt
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: