Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

(FI) Intake Manifold Boot Inner Diameter - What is it?
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweakhx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: (FI) Intake Manifold Boot Inner Diameter - What is it? Reply with quote

I need to replace the intake boots as mine are essentially plastic (original). Can anyone help or does anyone know the inner diameter measurement?

I'm just looking for some rubber hose that fits snug and is locally available.

I have searched with multiple terms but haven't found anything definitive.

Thank you!

(I'm currently at work but plan on removing them tonight, trying to save a trip to the parts store)

Scott
2007 GTI
2012 Beetle 2.5L

endle wrote:

Ever since I bought a vw I have not been able to keep my fingernails clean.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: (FI) Intake Manifold Boot Inner Diameter - What is it? Reply with quote

tweakhx wrote:
I need to replace the intake boots as mine are essentially plastic (original). Can anyone help or does anyone know the inner diameter measurement?

I'm just looking for some rubber hose that fits snug and is locally available.

I have searched with multiple terms but haven't found anything definitive.

Thank you!

(I'm currently at work but plan on removing them tonight, trying to save a trip to the parts store)

Scott

Just measure the runner OD...and either by exact and clamp it (I clamp all runners anyway)...or subtract 1/16" and go from there. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tweakhx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: (FI) Intake Manifold Boot Inner Diameter - What is it? Reply with quote

Thank you Ray. Will do!
2007 GTI
2012 Beetle 2.5L

endle wrote:

Ever since I bought a vw I have not been able to keep my fingernails clean.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: (FI) Intake Manifold Boot Inner Diameter - What is it? Reply with quote

tweakhx wrote:
Thank you Ray. Will do!

Yes...it can be a little hard to find exactly what you need at hose supply houses. bear in mind it needs to have a temperature range of about 150-175F constant use....and needs to be fuel resistant.

Typically the only things that meet both of those are gas station fuel pump hose which most hose supply houses can readily get for you. Sometimes in red and also in black.

The biggest problem is that those fuel hoses are usually reinforced...thick wall. So they can be a little stiff and a little thick and can give fit issues between the runners on some cars.

Also most radiator hoses will work. They work well enough with alcohols and have the good temp range.

You can get low pressure radiator hose at Mcmaster Carr...210* F with 3/16" wall thickness http://www.mcmaster.com/#general-purpose-hose/=13e8alh....its about $10 a foot.

You can look at that link and then ask for something similar at your locak hose house. Ray
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: