Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

rust repair bottom of 'A" pillar
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drago
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: rust repair bottom of 'A" pillar Reply with quote

Hi

I have rust at the bottom of the A pillar near where the bottom door hinge bolts up.

Can you get a replacement section for this?

Any other ways to fix it permanantly Laughing

cheers

drago
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find them on this site... Part "H" on the page I looked up.

http://www.rustrepair.com/app2/onlinecat.htm?r=ru&p=vo
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a shot of the piece during the initial "fitting" up.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/169206.jpg

the piece is only an outer "skin" and there are several layers of metal behind there that make up where the hinge plate fits in there. It is sometimes neccesary to use some other metal to custom rebuild the area if the rust has gotten really bad.

I use a sawzall and delicately cut though just that outer skin... you have to have had cut up a bunch of rusted super beetles( like I have to experiment on like dissecting some old frog in biology! Twisted Evil ) to know what it is like behind there.

If not careful you can cut through some good metal and make more work for yourself.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: