Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Best online source for Speedster referance photos?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugman Jeff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Best online source for Speedster referance photos? Reply with quote

I'm working on restoring the '55 Speedster at work. I've got alot of the parts stripped and ready to be restored/repainted. The problem is that most of them weren't the original color anymore. I'm looking for mostly chassis and interior/under dash referance pics, and they're abit hard to come by. I checked the sticky at the top, and it didn't help much. Everybody has pics of the outsides of their cars, but not the kind of detail shots I need. Are there any other good Pre-A referance sites out there? Thanks.

Last edited by Bugman Jeff on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rusting Hulk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of restoration pictures on here that may help you
http://www.willhoitautorestoration.com/Restos.htm
Ramblinwreck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a copy of Brett Johnson's restoration book (~$20). I've used it as reference for restoration of both my 64 & 65 C's. I think he has a new edition out as well. It's packed with good pics and descriptions.
Also, try Pelican Parts web site they have scanned images of 356 shop manual exploded parts diagrams for their parts listing. It may not be the exact in-situ images you're looking for but may help.
My 2-cents.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: