Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

suspension
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
INSPIRADO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: suspension Reply with quote

I have seen that you can lower you beetle in the back by going down a few splines, is this possible to do on the front or is this frowned upon. I want to go for the primer black and red rim look, and I hope this will give me that low look at a low cost without ruining my front end. Please help.
choppachris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you don't have a super beetle, you can lower the rear by moving the spring plate on the splines. 1 notch will lower you quite a bit, 2 will make it really low, you'll begin to scrape the road on occasion, and 3 will make it hammered and really hard to drive. The front cannot be lowered this way. You'll have to buy drop spindles or get an adjustable beam....or both. Twisted Evil
bugninva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

choppachris wrote:
Assuming you don't have a super beetle, you can lower the rear by moving the spring plate on the splines.

the superbeetle rear suspension is no different than any US spec beetle of the same year.

GEX has. Just sayin
jccart
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that you you can remove some torsion bars to lower the front, but it's not very safe and it will tear your front end up. Just take the time and money and get Avis adjusters, you can get a set for around $40 and if you have access to a welder and grinder with a cut off wheel you can install them yourself in a day.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: