Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New to forum, old to Things.
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
RolandP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: New to forum, old to Things. Reply with quote

I've been lurking for a while, but since I didn't currently posses a Thing I didn't have much to contribute. I used to own a 73 Thing about 15 years ago. It was fun and work and all that, and being before the internet, it was a tad harder to find out information on them. I sold it to a GI that needed a car for cheap when I was getting out of the Army back in the early 90's.

Well, I found another. It's even orange like my old one. Actually it's in better shape, though it's a bit more rusty than my first one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I found it in a neighbor's back yard for $1000. Needs rear floorpans, a muffler, some wiring, and brakes. Well, it needs alot more, but that's the first things. Anyway, I thought it was a decent deal for $1000, since it runs like a top and there doesn't seem to be any problems with the mechanicals, suspension, or any really bad spots on the body. The body itself doesn't even have any dents, some rust, but nothing bad like the floor.

Well, expect plenty of questions as I pour money into the new pit.
Kherome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Why can't I ever find a Thing for 1k in a backyard! Shocked I'm sure you'll have fun with it, it looks healthier than mine! LOL Mine is a long slooow project.
Bajavwracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe me you got a VERY GOOD DEAL!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FreakCitySF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a steal...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babyshots
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I don't have a Thing (yet), so I lurk as well, and enjoy the whole thing-i-ness thing. Did that make sense?
This is a great group of enthusiasts, as you have seen, I'm sure. You'll have all the help you need, (and some you might not)! Smile
Great catch!
RolandP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew it was a good deal when I saw it, so I jumped on it. He had one person see it before I did, and 27 calls after I left. It helped out being on the same street, as it did make things easier getting it home as well.

It had sat in his backyard for two years with a cover over it. He had bought it as a project from a guy who had it sitting in his backyard for a couple years as a project. I put it in the driveway so that it's actually in the way and I'll do something about it.
gus111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Don't put in your back yard!!! Laughing
TimGud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it running, wash/wax it and have fun with it. Nice score!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: