Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

CE gears and a few other?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocky4by
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: CE gears and a few other? Reply with quote

Has there been anyone else running CE straight cut cam gears? How do you like them, and how noisy are they? I'm getting close to the assembly of my 2110 engine and have not been able to decide on the cam gears or the push rods and crank pulley. Does setting the chrome molley push rods at 0 really help to quite them down? When I asked a guy at CE about installing a Gene Berg pulley on it he advised against it. he said that the Number 4 bearing was never meant to take that kind of weight. I'm thinking about running one of his pulleys instead. My engine is a street/off-road engine 2110 build. DRD stage 5 heads, DPR 82 stroke crank, 110 cam and 90.5 pistons and cylinders, 1.25 Scat Fordged Rockers.
Thanks for any help,
Steve
Marty Staggs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all I use on street or race motors.
They are not very noisy at all and EXCELLENT quality.

www.M-Specmotorsports.com

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwdragracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of several people that have used Berg Pulley's witn no bearing issues.

IMO the guy at CE can't make any money if you buy A Berg pulley. but can if you buy one of his. Rolling Eyes
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwdragracer wrote:
I know of several people that have used Berg Pulley's witn no bearing issues.

I bet I know more guys without a Berg pulley and with no bearing issues.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: